Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaks Help Record Sales?

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Do they?

Eminem-Relapse still sold over 1,000,000 copies worldwide even with the numerous leak(s)

Other singles included "3 a.m." (leaked), "Old Time's Sake" (leaked), and "Beautiful" (leaked), which were all top 40 hits in the U.S. Relapse debuted #1 on the U.S. albums chart, selling over 608,000 domestic copies in its first week and over 1,000,000 worldwide.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relapse_(album)

"If you like it buy it", Marshal Mathers LP/Slim Shady LP are still bar far my favourite albums.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 09-17-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added source
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Music   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I'm curious if this is really "if you like it buy it", or if the sales are due to the publicity it got from being leaked.

3. Music   -   #3
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    if you rly love the artist,i think you will also buy CDs
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

4. Music   -   #4
    I'd say they do. People preview it, they like it, so they buy it.

5. Music   -   #5
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabritpop View Post
    if you rly love the artist,i think you will also buy CDs
    Not a chance.

1º Too expensive
    2º Need money to live until the end off the month
    3º They were so greedy, for the last couple off years, that i don´t feel any sorry for them.
    4º I prefer to spend the money to go, a concert, than to pay, 20euros for a cd. Its a rip off.

6. Music   -   #6
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Thats the way of the world,Any advertising whether it be good or bad, bad being my record has been leaked, Is real money in the pockets of the artsts either films or music or games,programs and so on. Its like a form of viral marketing except they know who leaked it and they get the free advertising that would have cost 100s of thousands of their money in advertising revenue.Best advertising trick in the book.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

7. Music   -   #7
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    Yeah i agree darkstate. its good advertising because when they leak and you listen to it, you tell your friends about it and alot of times they will want the original album so they go out and buy it instead of downloading or asking for a copy.

8. Music   -   #8
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Its the oldest tric in the book i thought, And its a lot more sexier getting the leaked version than having the advertising shoved down your throat.if you like it as you said you will support your hero, if you don't..well you know
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

9. Music   -   #9
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    ofcourse leaks help sales...where do u think the leaks occur from? i'm sure atleast half the time, these are intentional just to raise the marketing of these mostly pathetic albums (relapse very much included...probably the worst Eminem album ever)

10. Music   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    ....where do u think the leaks occur from?...probably the worst Eminem album ever
    The leaks occur from insiders such as Record companies, retail stores, reviewers and rival artists.

I believe Infinite (1996) was probably his worse, but he was just experimenting his style so it's not really fair to judge.

There are some good tracks on Relapse, but not as many as Marshall Mathers LP/Slim Shady LP.

He's now in the persona of Slim Shady so we'll probably see more tracks like Without Me, Real Slim Shady, "Just Lose It" etc.

These songs are what makes money now. Just look at the "Top Hits", there has never been any mention of "Kim", Rock Bottom, The Way I Am etc (apart from the Underground).

All you have to do it look at Lil Wayne and "Lollipop", thank god he's retiring!!!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast