Thread: It's just inhumane

vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Angry

congress will have to work more than 2 days a week

They actively and in some cases aggressively sought election to the job.......... Or am I mistaken?

Welcome to the real world.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I hope they dont get too tired having to attend work for 5 days a week. They might start making mistakes.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    It's a double edged sword. Sometimes the only thing worse than lawmakers not doing their job and legislate is when they do their job and legislate. I'm kind of thankful that the last lot in charge took more time off. Damage limitation.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    congress will have to work more than 2 days a week

They actively and in some cases aggressively sought election to the job.......... Or am I mistaken?

Welcome to the real world.
    They've realized they could never cope with the agenda of soon-to-be-called hearings AND continue with the fleecing of taxpayers in a mere two-days-a-week.

Call it an expanded appetite for destruction.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    The only thing I don't like about this is that it seems it would be hard to serve your District if you're only there on weekends.

Do they constantly legislate from afar? Is their ear for their constituents at the end of a long distance call?

I agree with them working 5 days a week but why can't 2 be in their District?

Plus there is a distinct advantage for Congressman in my area. Maryland, Virginia, and even many West Virginia and Pennsylvania folk are used to commuting to Washington already.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    The only thing I don't like about this is that it seems it would be hard to serve your District if you're only there on weekends.

Do they constantly legislate from afar? Is their ear for their constituents at the end of a long distance call?

I agree with them working 5 days a week but why can't 2 be in their District?

Plus there is a distinct advantage for Congressman in my area. Maryland, Virginia, and even many West Virginia and Pennsylvania folk are used to commuting to Washington already.
    They do have the odd recess from Washington DC. and they do have staff to deal with all but the most "absolutely need to talk to the representative on this one" issues. In those cases a good representative will find a way.

As an aside, when it comes to access to your representative that is at the will of that representative. Some make themselves more available than others. Some will only see "supporters".
    When they want your vote is the best time to get them to listen.

these parents of an autistic child wanted to meet with Joe Barton to find out why he was holding up the autism bill. He wouldn't see them (only his invited people were allowed to attend a meeting) and the police were called.

http://imusblog.com/congressman-joe-...utism-parents/

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    They've realized they could never cope with the agenda of soon-to-be-called hearings AND continue with the fleecing of taxpayers in a mere two-days-a-week.

Call it an expanded appetite for destruction.
    you mean they realised that to actually do the job they are supposed to do AND catch up on an entire years unfinished work that the republican controlled 109th couldn't be bothered to do plus the deliberate tearing up railroad track and planting legislative land mines to make it harder for Democrats to govern when they take power would take more than 8 days per month ????????? who'd have thought the Democratic party could have taken things that seriously.

As to fleecing the taxpayer I will admit the republicans can do it a lot quicker....
    Last edited by vidcc; 12-07-2006 at 01:50 AM.