Thread: Nero alternative?

manofstyle's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I just did a clean Windows XP install and have decided Nero got too bloated for my liking, but I need some CD/DVD Burning software.

What do you guys reccomend that is as good as Nero minus the bloat?

I use ImgBurn for burning images and it is awesome, is there a similar "lite" program for burning compilation discs?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstyle View Post
    I just did a clean Windows XP install and have decided Nero got too bloated for my liking, but I need some CD/DVD Burning software.

What do you guys reccomend that is as good as Nero minus the bloat?

I use ImgBurn for burning images and it is awesome, is there a similar "lite" program for burning compilation discs?
    Can't you just get rid of all the Nero programs that you don't need?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    you can compile disks with imgburn: at the mode menu you should choose the build option. or by compilation you mean audio CD? that's the only thing i can't burn with imgburn.

as for nero, i also wouldn't touch it with a six feet pole. not even a "lite" version, it's hard being liter than imgburn.

EDIT: at imgburn forums they suggest using burrrn to burn audio CDs, looks pretty cool.
    Last edited by raspberry1331; 05-29-2007 at 06:38 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Try Roxio 9 Suite...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
    Try Roxio 9 Suite...
    Good choice. If your reason for ditching nero is because you think it's bloatware, then roxio is a good sub.