Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your average download speed?

Im trying to get a feel for how fast usenet usually downloads. I know its fast compared to other protocols but I'd like to see some specific numbers.

So maybe give what you get on http downloads and bittorent downloads, and of course your usenet speeds too. Also your dowload bandwidth limit to see it as percent.

thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    maxed out........
    Pimpn aint easy ®

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Oh sweet. How much difference does it make how far you are from the server? say Netherlands to America.

Also when usenet is using almost all of your bandwidth does browsing the net prety much come to a stand still or what? or do you need to limit your news reader on how much bandwidth to use.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by .KNK View Post
    Oh sweet. How much difference does it make how far you are from the server? say Netherlands to America.

Also when usenet is using almost all of your bandwidth does browsing the net prety much come to a stand still or what? or do you need to limit your news reader on how much bandwidth to use.
    try to get a server in your country but it varies, but most providers provide server close to you

when browsing it makes almost no diff unless u open apps like a streaming vid like youtube, you can even cap ur download to spare yourself some bandwidth to play with
    Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    oh, sweet. Ive always had problems with bittorent slowing things down, and not even using close to the full bandwidth.

Also I'm getting an account at hitnews.eu because its the only one that I know of that allows multiple users at the same time. Does anyone know if they have a server in the states too? (I know they got one in the Netherlands)

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I download at faster than the advertised speed of my line, so maxed out and then some.

None of the major usenet providers allow multiple users. Most will ban you readily.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I know but this one advertises that they do. I'm not sure if they mean at the same time though(is that even technically possible?). Does anyone know?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I also get it a little faster than the max of my home line. Unsenet is definitely the way to go for downloading.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    I download at faster than the advertised speed of my line, so maxed out and then some.

None of the major usenet providers allow multiple users. Most will ban you readily.

Sweet I just got an email from hitmail.eu saying you can, you just have to share the connections.

So thats unlimited downloads for 8 people for 100 bucks a year(though obviously someone could use more connections if no one else is gone.)

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by .KNK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post

Sweet I just got an email from hitmail.eu saying you can, you just have to share the connections.

So thats unlimited downloads for 8 people for 100 bucks a year(though obviously someone could use more connections if no one else is gone.)
    You should have at least 2 connections per user if you are going to max out you connection.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast