Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeb
    The last instalment of the Harry Potter saga will be published on 21 July, author JK Rowling has announced.

She confirmed the date fans will be able to get their hands on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on her website.

Rowling has said two characters die in the final book and fans are wondering whether Harry is one of them.

The Potter books have sold 325 million copies worldwide, have been translated into 64 languages and spawned five blockbuster movies.

This is the 10th anniversary of the first book of the hugely successful series being published.
    Shops opened at midnight and queues formed when the last book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was released.

It sold 2,009,574 copies in Britain on the first day of its release, publisher Bloomsbury said.

Film Revival

The firm said it would publish a children's hardback edition, an adult hardback, a special gift edition and an audio book on the same day.

As well as making Rowling a dollar billionaire, the books have been credited with bringing children back to reading and reviving the British film industry.

When asked about Harry's fate, Rowling has said she could understand authors who killed off their characters off, to stop others writing new adventures.

But she admitted being worried about the reaction from fans if the boy wizard came to a sticky end.

Rowling always made it clear the series would be in seven parts and much of the plot was almost set in stone.

In a recent web posting, she said: "I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more."

The latest film based on the books, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in the UK on 13 July 2007.

The Complete Harry Potter
    • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the US)
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the paperback version again.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    cool, the other were great. I only have 1 harry potter paperback

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I've read the first 6 and they are indeed enjoyable.

Can anyone elaborate on the Adult editions? Are they very different to standard and if so, in what way?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Lounge   -   #4
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I'm not a fan.

I agree with Byatt's commentary, that Harry Potter is a “secondary world, made up of intelligently patchworked derivative motifs from all sorts of children's literature, written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip". Tolkien, Le Guin and Lloyd Alexander (just for starters...) all did it better than she ever will.

Go read a proper book.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 02-01-2007 at 10:41 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I haven't seen any of the movies and certainly haven't read the books.

Harry Potter reminds me of The Worst Witch.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Harry Potter reminds me of The Worst Witch.
    The comparisons are quite striking: http://www.geocities.com/sayswamp/worst.htm

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    Can anyone elaborate on the Adult editions? Are they very different to standard and if so, in what way?
    Just different covers I think

8. Lounge   -   #8
    The adult cover has a picture of Rowling naked on a bed of money frigging herself off with a Quidditch broom.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    The children's cover has the same picture, but rendered in hentai style

10. Lounge   -   #10
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    The adult cover has a picture of Rowling naked on a bed of money frigging herself off with a Quidditch broom.

se's old

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast