Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ratio Tips Galore!

magicrabbit's Avatar Totally Salad BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Sorry for reposting but I don't want this to die.

Please Make This a Sticky! Lots of newbies can benefit from this

I just thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the tricks that people have to keeping good ratio. Things like downloading 5% of a file so that you can seed it or using an rss feed to get popular torrents right when they come out. Post a trick in this thread and I'll update this post. If a ratio tip is specific to a certain site remember to say so

*Update* Thanks everyone for helping out with this, I'm sure lots of membes will find these helpful, but there is still much to be said. Keep them coming!

General Tips

1. Only download freebies

2. Only download during free leech

3. Download only a couple of pieces of a popular file and seed it for awhile

4. Use an RSS feed to get popular files right when they come out

5. Upload your own torrents

6. If you have a big enough HD keep all of your torrents seeding, it accumulates over time

Scenetorrents

1. Get a seedbox

2. Don't stop seeding file

3. Snatch tv shows and over night seed, 100 kB/s can get get u a gig or 2+.

Bitme

1. Donate

2. Upload ebooks,audio books and docs that are found on public trackers

OiNK

1. Upload comic books and E-Learning videos which are very simple to find on public trackers

2. If you are going to upload an elearning video make it a guitar tutorial. Everyone goes for that

3. Make FLACs from your own CDs, or upload FLACs from other music sites like BTMusic or something (though I've never been on BTMusic)

4. Fill requests. Look for the popular ones, and look for them on public torrent sites.

5. Upload RAP and INDIE

6. Download the Rosetta Stone for 1 language (like Spanish, English, German, etc) and upload it on OiNK

BitMeTV

1. Unrar the tv shows youve downloaded from SCT ,TL, and TD and seed on the tracker.

2. Donate

3. Download and seed an episode of a popular show right when it's upped

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    whats RSS Feed? :|

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Invaluable info
    Last edited by pistachionut; 03-09-2007 at 04:50 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    magicrabbit's Avatar Totally Salad BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by pistachionut View Post
    This post is a dupe. ;-)
    read the start

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There are several reasons on why i Dissapprove of making this a sticky. Your guide may help some, but i certainly disagree some of your tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicrabbit View Post
    1. Only download freebies

2. Only download during free leech
    To being with...this is a guide for noobs, correct me if im wrong....

But, as far as im concerned...most trackers DO NOT have freebies, and only have FREE leech during their birthday,christmas, or any special event. Thus impling you should only download during christmas celebrations or during their birthday week.

On most trackers, you have to fill an UPLOADER form, and most trackers require to you have a 5mb + UL line. Im pretty sure out of a torrent population of 100 people, only 10 people would have that kind of speed line.

Bitme

1. Donate
    Most people believe in File Sharing, and the principle of SHARING, not paying money just for UL credit. This kind of practice which some sites promote, just ends up wrecking the community one way or another.

OiNK
    5. Upload RAP and INDIE
    You cannot be serious...

BitMeTV

2. Donate
    Never pay for File Sharing!

I don't mean to "Hurt" or "Anger" you magicrabbit. I'm just presenting my point of view, many of your points are valid in some way, but some are just out right ridiculous. Nice try anyway i hope people benefit in one way or another from this thread.
    eee

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    +1 to pretty much everything ^ said (sorry, I refuse to refer to him as jessicaalba)

That, and my suggestion to get a seedbox for ScT was made in jest. I and others have seeded plenty on that tracker without one.

And you're missing important ones, like upload as much as possible during free leech.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Nah, ill give him some credit, least he tried. Telling him off for everthing he worked for is just plan cold.
    eee

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    There are several reasons on why i Dissapprove of making this a sticky. Your guide may help some, but i certainly disagree some of your tips.

To being with...this is a guide for noobs, correct me if im wrong....

But, as far as im concerned...most trackers DO NOT have freebies, and only have FREE leech during their birthday,christmas, or any special event. Thus impling you should only download during christmas celebrations or during their birthday week.

On most trackers, you have to fill an UPLOADER form, and most trackers require to you have a 5mb + UL line. Im pretty sure out of a torrent population of 100 people, only 10 people would have that kind of speed line.

Bitme

1. Donate
    Most people believe in File Sharing, and the principle of SHARING, not paying money just for UL credit. This kind of practice which some sites promote, just ends up wrecking the community one way or another.

OiNK
    5. Upload RAP and INDIE
    You cannot be serious...

BitMeTV

2. Donate
    Never pay for File Sharing!

I don't mean to "Hurt" or "Anger" you magicrabbit. I'm just presenting my point of view, many of your points are valid in some way, but some are just out right ridiculous. Nice try anyway i hope people benefit in one way or another from this thread.
    , also these tips were from members in the previous thread. Im a proxy. If you could help me make this more...... not as terrible as you say it is that would be cool
    Last edited by magicrabbit; 03-09-2007 at 06:55 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    You tried, You did a reasonable Job. I just helped. Dont worry about it, nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't mean to offend or hurt your feelings or w.e but simply correct you.
    eee

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    You tried, You did a reasonable Job. I just helped. Dont worry about it, nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't mean to offend or hurt your feelings or w.e but simply correct you.
    hurt my feelings, come on im not that geeky . And yeah i appreciate your tips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast