Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surely trading accounts is risky

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    couldnt realy think of a better topic heading as its 06:30am here and i havnt been to sleep yet.

but all private trackers have passkeys in their torrents (or most have)

now lets take blackcats as an example.

you trade your ***** account for a blackcats one with a 100 gig buffer.

this is pointless in itself because it still might have loads of hit and runs and be kitty litter (cant download till you seed all of them back).

but the person thats trading you the blackcats account, goes and grabs 100-1000 torrents from the tracker before he trades, he trades with you, you login, change email and password.

you think, phew its all mine.

he then starts up those torrents in his client, could be straight away, could be in 2 months. maybe just 1 or 2 at a time, but as its got your passkey in, all the dl ratio goes on your account. and obviously he isnt going to seed anything back. so that 100gig buffer is gone in no time, and you have a useless account anyway.

and on blackcats, only staff can change someones passkey, the user cant do it themselves.

I just see all this trading going on, and think, there is so many ways to exploit it, but maybe im missing something.
    Last edited by stoi; 10-16-2007 at 02:11 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    yep trading is bad i would rather stick with whatever i have instead of trading and then getting banned trading bcg is really bad now that u told you are not allowed to reset pass key .

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    on blackcats, only staff can change someones passkey, the user cant do it themselves.
    how come?

and what questions will they ask if you want your key to be changed? ;-)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    on blackcats, only staff can change someones passkey, the user cant do it themselves.
    how come?
    what is wrong with that?
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    cant tell you lol
    Last edited by stoi; 10-16-2007 at 06:09 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Stoi, Can you kindly edit your last post! the world has enough of cheaters already! they'll like this method..
    Last edited by spark; 10-16-2007 at 04:06 PM.
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    there edited, but thats why we stopped it anyway.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    There's now an even better reason NOT to trade an account. Even if you slip past the alerts generator the site is using, the old account owner could still cause you grief because they could do as stoi has suggested, and fleece the account after they have left.

If you trade an account, make sure you can reset the passkey on acquiring that account (ask for a screenshot of the passkey reset control for the target tracker, if you do not already know of it's existance).

It's better to be safe than sorry, and wait for an invite. Who knows what sort of monitoring happens at sites. Resetting the passkey may trigger an alert, alongside an IP change, that would tell staff that you have traded that account. Nothing worse than losing a trade.

Too many people think that FST staff pass over IPs etc. Don't ever think that torrent site admin are dunces. The reason they run torrent sites is because they are intelligent enough to do so, and can spot anomalies that you or I would miss.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    anekoik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    changing the password is important too,
    if a person has yours, he can reset your passkey after you've done it
    (based on true facts)

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Too many people think that FST staff pass over IPs etc. Don't ever think that torrent site admin are dunces. The reason they run torrent sites is because they are intelligent enough to do so, and can spot anomalies that you or I would miss.
    I'm the furthest one to understand the backdrop of how sites are set up; but even my limited knowledge of computer applications tells me that the easiest net out there to catch cheaters is a code written into the design of each tracker which sends off a *warning bell* so to speak when something weird is happening with an account (ie IP change, change in bandwidth/UL/DL speed, etc etc). Thus, the code of the tracker framework is doing the work of screening out all the anomalies.

So, while someone out to cheat the system may convince themselves that they are smarter than the next guy, do you really feel this way when you know that you are measuring your wiliness against a well-written batch of computer code.

As the old saying goes...you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time. Eventually most cheaters will be busted; and if you imagine this in a different context...the movie police coming after a tracker... then it makes even more sense that tracker staff will go after account scammers. After all, when you lose control over who is walking into your house, you never know who might crash the party!

My thinking is that folks should not complain too much when they are busted for deceitfulness (or arrogance which can be equally bad), because the fact that the tracker staff are vigilante in looking for bad accounts gives the rest of us some assurance that steps are being taken to ensure the integrity of our information.

just my two cents anyways...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast