Thread: Will this get me banned from a private tracker?

Poster
    If I download and seed from another internet connection can that get me banned from a private tracker? I'm thinking about seeding from two houses to improve my sharing ratio.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Jacktoo's Avatar Gone fishing
    It varies a bit from tracker to tracker, try contacting a mod on the tracker where you're contemplating doing it to see what their rules on it is. Also, he could tag your account so the others know what's going on if they spot it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by 121 View Post
    If I download and seed from another internet connection can that get me banned from a private tracker? I'm thinking about seeding from two houses to improve my sharing ratio.
    no it wont get you banned.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Bit offtopic : what happens to the people you invited if you get banned from a tracker? do they get banned aswell?

ps : i'm not banned from any tracker, and I'm not planning to do anything "bad" that could get me banned, just wondering

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It won't get you banned. I mean aslong as you keep 1:1 in the original site you dl from then it does not matter where else you seed it.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 121 View Post

Is that even possible on most trackers? I'd assume you'd run into the "You can't leech from more than one location at a time" error

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    leeching from more than one ip at the same time may well get you banned but they're talking about seeding from more than one ip, which is fine

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Read the FAQ of the site, you can use up to 3 computer (IP add) to seed to 1 tracker and download only 1 PC