Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stable Windows XP

samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    What version or release of Windows XP do you use?

Currently, I`m using Windows XP Student release SP2 but I think it`s old already despite all updates, patches, etc. I`m going to format my hard drive and I want to install a stable version.
    Last edited by samoyan; 07-21-2007 at 03:20 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Windows XP Student release SP2 is stable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    Windows XP PL Enterprise SP2

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Using XP media center edition here with no problems.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Kinda my thoughts too Zap . samoyan , what do you mean by old ? I was thinking of trying a version called XP Custom or another new one XP Performance version , is that what you mean .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-21-2007 at 03:46 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Kinda my thoughts too Zap . samoyan , what do you mean by old ? I was thinking of trying a version called XP Custom or another new one XP Performance version , is that what you mean .
    By "old" I mean that after you install the system it asks for numerous number of updates (somewhat 50-60 updates). Sometimes these updates ruin the system and after a period of time you need to reformat hard drive and setup the same system again and again and again.

To make things clear about "stable XP", I mean Windows without license or the one like Student release. I have Media Center XP installed on another PC but I don`t use it so often. I am looking for a stable release for my laptop that initially had preinstalled Vista with a bunch of junk software. I didn`t like Vista, so I installed XP. After using XP for a while, I decided to reinstall it and I want to install the latest stable Windows XP release so that I won`t have problems in the future.
    Last edited by samoyan; 07-21-2007 at 04:03 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Then I'd look for XP SP2 student ed. July 2007.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Then I'd look for XP SP2 student ed. July 2007.

Oh ok sorry I get it now , something like Etho's releases mabye ? You see alot on Demonoid or ITP every month . I prefer a Install disk like Indego or Gold as I'm more worried about the time it takes to reinstall my fav programs than I am about Win sp2 patches .

I'd suggest making your own Slipstream disk , then just update after a new install . The student versions are the cats meow tho .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tupac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
    By "old" I mean that after you install the system it asks for numerous number of updates (somewhat 50-60 updates). Sometimes these updates ruin the system and after a period of time you need to reformat hard drive and setup the same system again and again and again.

The updates never ruined my system , and I never heard about anybody with this problem. I have Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007 from ETH0, and it works with no problems.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tupac View Post
    Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007 from ETH0
    Can you tell me where did you download this version? I have Student Edition, but it is old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast