Thread: RSS, uTorrent and Wine

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Anyone solved the "invalid torrent" problem using RSS feeds while running utorrent in Wine under Linux? Is there a way around it using other tools?

If so, any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Why not try rTorrent & RSSDler

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i use a workaround solution to this problem for bitmetv rssfeed, that's the only rss i use but it works for any trackers

basically it works as follow :

1 - you install and configure a perl script that does the job of rssfeed parsing and downloading torrent (i can provide you the script, i found the original on bitmetv forums but i fixed some bugs)
    2 - you add this script to the crontab of your linux server to run every 5 minutes
    3 - all the torrents downloaded from this script goes in a specific folder, so you configured utorrent to look automatically in this folder for new torrents to download

works like a charm and you can still use utorrent

but you have to know how to install perl modules with CPAN and some good general linux knowledge

i'm sure you can find any third-party software for the rss downloading part and still use the utorrent automatic download feature with it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    KFlint i would appreciate if you could send me the script you mentioned. I will PM you my email addy if that's ok with you.

Thanks
    =================================

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by stathis View Post
    KFlint i would appreciate if you could send me the script you mentioned. I will PM you my email addy if that's ok with you.

Thanks
    sure PM me your mail mate

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Sounds like RSSDler is far more appropriate for the job