Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is What.cd going to stop sucking?

Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The variety and collection isn't bad, but jesus, the site is soo slow and sloppy. Almost all my seeds are always timed out or are having some sort of connection error. They have been saying that they are in the process of fixing everything, but when is going to be fixed already?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    ask in their irc

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by prescript View Post
    ask in their irc
    I was hoping this might spur some discussion and not just a three word answer, you know? Like what threads are supposed to do?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    freecom2
    It's been pretty much fine for me. If there has been any downtime, the site is usually back up within a decent amount of time and there is an explanation rather then a blackout of news.

And do keep in mind that it is still a relatively new site, having to cope with ex-OiNK members, as well as the constant amount of people wanting to still join an already quite big site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    ask in their irc
    I was hoping this might spur some discussion and not just a three word answer, you know? Like what threads are supposed to do?
    Well what kind of discussion are you hoping for? Only the what.cd staff know when they are going to improve things. The only "discussion" you will get is people posting "its fine for me" or "yeah it's really slow".

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    ask in their irc
    nobody here knows dude. i've been on that site since they opened and i dont know. higher ups at what wont respond to you here. my best guess? the site will be better when they switch to gazelle.

but.. to get a good answer..

you. must. ask. the. fucking. staff.

"discussion" and speculation is pointless.

wow that was a long response for me. i need a nap

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    My goodness bro, I definitely feel your pain. I've been trying for a long time to get into What. I finally do, and I can't even upload anything! Very unstable. It's also very buggy. The browse categories don't even work, meaning you can't specify which category you'd like to browse, it simply browses all of them no matter what. Really lame and I am pissed at them because I can't get into waffles.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    ask in their irc is four words....

Just get waffles and move on.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MaaxHimself View Post

Easier said than done.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MaaxHimself View Post
    ask in their irc is four words....

As you can see in my signature, I am currently a member of waffles. I just enjoy a variety in my trackers. I have quite a few things seeding on What and its just irritating that the site is always down. I'm apologize if this is a stupid thread to some people. I'm just a little curious as to others feelings about the status of the site, and wanted to maybe see if someone had some information that I don't already know.

Anywho. Hopefully it gets kickin soon because I really enjoy the tracker all in all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast