Page 89 of 545 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    I can't get my pc to output anything other than stereo. I've got a gtx 465 which is supposed to do 5.1 through hdmi (according to google) but windows (7 x64) isn't recognising my receiver and seems to think the hdmi cable is plugged straight into the tv (hence it only allowing stereo).
    Any suggestions?
    Start a hardware thread? I'm ignorant when it comes to this sound related stuff.
    I just fought my way through adding HDMI to my now aged sound system, and I would have to assume (based on my experience with that) that there would be an output change in one of the menus. It is hard to tell exactly because of all the possible hardware/software configurations. It could be a setting specific to the input on the stereo. It could have to do with the output on the PC.

Really hard to tell without knowing the equipment. I had to split the audio portions from the video, and input via either optical or coaxial digital. it was a real PITA.

2. Lounge   -   #882
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    I can't get my pc to output anything other than stereo. I've got a gtx 465 which is supposed to do 5.1 through hdmi (according to google) but windows (7 x64) isn't recognising my receiver and seems to think the hdmi cable is plugged straight into the tv (hence it only allowing stereo).
    Any suggestions?
    Start a hardware thread? I'm ignorant when it comes to this sound related stuff.
    The problem is basically that my pc won't detect the receiver, only the tv the receiver is plugged in to, thus not allowing me to output 5.1 from the pc. I read something about an edid override but I haven't a clue where to begin with that.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #883
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Doesn't bother me like it used to. Before the app store had a brazillion apps it was irritating not being able to go elsewhere in search of apps. I no longer find myself needing to do that. I really have no complaints.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #884
    Can I jog listening to music on the iPad?

5. Lounge   -   #885
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    Can I jog listening to music on the iPad?
    Yes, with the optional iBackpack.

6. Lounge   -   #886
    Sounds kind of expensive

7. Lounge   -   #887
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    Sounds kind of expensive
    You wouldn't be the first to sell blood for Apple products.

8. Lounge   -   #888
    Might have to sell a lot more now:/ should only take a few years away from me.

9. Lounge   -   #889
    I'm thinking most of the uk members heard of Joseph Kony before it as cool.

10. Lounge   -   #890
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    So, it's "iPad 2" and "the new iPad." That is a bit confusing...

yo