Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So turnes out BT Music is all about money.

AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    News today:

By Pedro:

Dear members,

I have banned tut and RolloTomasi. I will not allow the people who have had my trust create chaos on the tracker in response to a decision I made with respect to staff. Other bans and demotions from VIP follow in regard to individuals who tried to undermine my and my administration's authority.

My and my administration's decision are final. They are always well discussed and are legitimate. I would like all of you to fully respect them.

My and my moderators' goal is to provide you with a stable and trustworthy place to exchange music in lossless formats. We do not do politics. Please do not defy my decisions or my admin's and moderator's decisions.

Thank you.
    RolloTomasi - staff, ran a campaign against the seedboxes becasue people were having trouble with their ratios (slower users). Many people (90%) liked this idea because BTmusic used to be all about the community and helping each other.

Pedro (owner) felt like Rollo's campaign is a threat to his finances, because ineed people with lower ratio were paying money to stay alive on the website (therfore more seedboxes = more money).

Now Half of the VIPS are banned because they supported this idea of equality and other half is demonted to users. BTMusic no longer exists as the best lossless community. There will be no great uploads anytime soon, and this place is run be a greedy man who destroyed something what many people put their efforts into just so good music could be heard.

RIP BTMUSIC. WELCOM BTCLOWN.
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 06-03-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    My and my administration's decision are final. They are always well discussed and are legitimate. I would like all of you to fully respect them.
    Well respect is something you earn. I'm sure everyone would like to have respect and this d00d is just stating the obvious here. Maybe the banned users could take it up in their own hands and start their own tracker? After all it's his tracker so it IS his rules.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    a campaign against the seedboxes becasue people were having trouble with their ratios (slower users). Many people (90%) liked this idea because BTmusic used to be all about the community and helping each other.
    Not exactly. The problem is so called overseeding, as uploaders complain that very fast people cause trouble on their torrents. Some 60% of uploaders were in favour and this is still being discussed. This does not concern regular members.

Also, this month there were so called 'happy hours' when you can pig out without limits. They lasted 24 hours.

Pedro (owner) felt like Rollo's campaign is a threat to his finances, because ineed people with lower ratio were paying money to stay alive on the website (therfore more seedboxes = more money).
    Now, seriously, you are not a member there and your girlfriendz told you this story, right?

Now Half of the VIPS are banned
    It's a lie. That would be 3 of 40.

other half is demonted to users.
    Another lie. That would be 1 of 40.

a greedy man who destroyed something what many people put their efforts into just so good music could be heard.
    Now this is stupid. He has actually been covering a big part of server and site expenses for years, not even talking about the newest policy here that strangers can no longer buy their way in, or that donors receive doubles profits for their donations.

Hey girl, why are you lying?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Honestly, I don't know what to think.

I do have a slow connection and I've never had a problem surviving at Pedro's. On the other hand I know people who use seedboxes there and I don't find any problems there, I just get the files faster.

Anyway, we'll see in time what effects this has.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    It's all about politics. BTMusic is widely known for its very friendly community, but this, as anything else, has it pros and coins. The apparent pros are that certain people mistake staff's leniency with weakness, and friendly atmosphere with naivety. Such people try to 'widen their influence' by populist means actually exploiting the community, and this ends like it has ended this time. AFAIK the staff tried to reason with them, but it did not help.

What's going to happen now? Nothing. The community needs to heal its wounds and it's gonna be alright again. I hope that the new VIPs and possibly new staff will be selected more carefully.

From a POV of a regular user, I think that mentioned RolloTomasi deeply disappointed the site owner. As a mod he was given powers and trust. Instead of being professional he kept on enforcing his own agendas by purely populist means (in example, setting groups of members against each other and so on). It simply had to end harshly.
    Last edited by AllAlone; 06-03-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Edit: typos

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    What happened is really sad... That place was my favourite music tracker and one of my 2-3 favorite trackers in general. Great members, great community and the BEST uploads ever...
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aaatoel View Post
    That place was my favourite music tracker and one of my 2-3 favorite trackers in general. Great members, great community and the BEST uploads ever...
    So it ceased to be? Keep on supporting it, it's gonna be alright
    During tough times this is exactly what community needs - support of its members.
    Last edited by AllAlone; 06-03-2009 at 12:08 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    what you're saying is just stupid. if Pedro was after money, he wouldn't have set a warning/ban system against overseeders...
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    what you're saying is just stupid.
    Of course. You should really never take anything that he types very seriously...

I do hope that Rollo(and the couple other known and in my opinion valuable members that were recently banned) gets to come back though(if he would even want to) after all this settles. Not only is he an extremely helpful and courteous person he was also an asset to P's and will be missed.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAlone View Post
    [Also, this month there were so called 'happy hours' when you can pig out without limits. They lasted 24 hours.

Now, seriously, you are not a member there and your girlfriendz told you this story, right?

a greedy man who destroyed something what many people put their efforts into just so good music could be heard.
    Now this is stupid. He has actually been covering a big part of server and site expenses for years, not even talking about the newest policy here that strangers can no longer buy their way in, or that donors receive doubles profits for their donations.

Hey girl, why are you lying?

Funny for me to read this post. Being a former mod on Pedro's, I can tell you for a fact that it IS about money. I stepped down voluntarily as moderator there over three years ago due to my difference in in philosophy concerning P2P with Pedro and one of his goons, BlackSummer/VR. I was helping people who had small ratio problems by downloading stuff from them in order to help improve their ratio. I was told by Pedro that I should not be helping these members out as it would lead to a decrease in the number of people who were donating and thus affect his income. My philosophy of P2P is that one should not have to pay to be a part of a community as long as they are attempting to share. While there are problems concerning leechers, the availabilty of faster bandwidth can cause ratio problems despite efforts as those in Europe and other places have much faster bandwidth available to them than do others. I can tell you that Pedro makes more than enough to pay for the server he uses from donations and for people paying for ratio adjustment so they can download the work of those who do it for free, for the love of music. I never received a dime for the thousands of hours of work I did as a mod nor did I ever expect to achieve financial gain from my work. I did it because I like sharing music. Another reason I stepped down was that I felt that the users were often treated unfairly. I realize rules need to exist to prevent chaos yet there also needs to be open dialogue for problem solving, something that Pedro often does not allow as evidenced from the above quotes.
    I am not writing this to get revenge or to settle a score. I have been silent on this issue for over 3 years. I am just fearful that one of the best places to share lossless music just has lost a lot of what has made it so appealing. It is also difficult to watch something that I put many hours into for free become a moneymaking tool for one individual while those who make it possible for that individual to make money are treated unfairly.
    Just a prediction....BlackSummer/VR will once again become part of the moderation team even though he nearly destroyed the site with his behavior in the past. It may be under a different name as he is known to use that tactic to keep members from knowing who he really is, hence the BlackSummer/VR nick referenced in my post. If this happens, it will be a sad day for the members of the tracker.

So as you can see, my girlfriend did not tell me this, it comes from personal, firsthand experience. While it may have been exaggerated a bit in the above post, recent events are causing a severe decline in the quality of BTMusic. So my question AllAlone is.... Whose girlfriend have you been talking to? Is her name Pedro?

Peace to all those who share for the love of music not profit,
    cottonseed

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast