Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackcats 2 yr member sudden login problems. Help?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Cirno banned you, all i know is what he wrote "proxy lover"

best bet is to come into our IRC #help channel and speak to Cirno.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    ^ he's banned from irc tho

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    #waitingroom and #help channels are open to the public, so if you get banned you can still get into them.

#blackcats is the only room where you need your IRC password.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Cirno banned you, all i know is what he wrote "proxy lover"

best bet is to come into our IRC #help channel and speak to Cirno.
    Dear stoi,

Thank you so much for replying.

If you have the time (or inclination), please search for my few posts in the blackcats forums as proof for what I write below.

You will find a discussion of the DNS problems I had a few months ago, along with a post of the report my ISP sent me about DNS issues and some real problems with the blackcats domain setup in relation to internet wide consistency (I thought I was doing well by the community and admins by posting the blackcats DNS inconsistencies that my ISP reported).

One of the only ways I was able to access blackcats in that time was to use TOR to log in. This was before a helpful blackcats user informed me of the success of OPENDNS.

When I had the most recent login issue a few weeks ago (and after a password reset did not seem to work) I tried the TOR method again (as it had worked previously, and at first I assumed it was my ISP having DNS resolution problems again) - I'm sure logs can be checked to confirm this.

I would be happy to come into the blackcats irc help channel, but last time I tried (a week ago) it said I was still banned. The ban was automatic as a result of a flood post (me being excited after finally finding an avenue for help) after I simply cut and pasted my story into the channel, not thinking that it would flood more than five lines. A stupid mistake on my part.

I have learned from that. I have a static IP. Can you advise me if I will have any luck trying to get into the channel?

Thanks again,

catbrown.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Well my family is here today mate, so i am only on here very fleetingly.

when i get a chance i will have a look at the banned members on IRC and also have a word with Cirno about this, i will also point him to this thread and see what he says, I am not sure if he is a member here though, so he may not reply personally.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Well my family is here today mate, so i am only on here very fleetingly.

when i get a chance i will have a look at the banned members on IRC and also have a word with Cirno about this, i will also point him to this thread and see what he says, I am not sure if he is a member here though, so he may not reply personally.
    Sincere thanks.

It is very late here, so bed time for me. All I hoped for was for someone to have a good look at my situation as a whole.

I am happy to wait patiently while this happens.

Thank you once again,
    catbrown

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    #waitingroom and #help channels are open to the public, so if you get banned you can still get into them.

Thanks im gonna try my chance :/ i didnt do anything bad to cirno

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsert View Post

Thanks im gonna try my chance :/ i didnt do anything bad to cirno
    You were pretty rude, the sheer amount of crap Cirno and other staff have to deal with via the forums, torrent comments and the upkeep of the site is crazy. I completely understand why they ban/disable certain users for these reasons.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Rude ?? if there is any history of that night's conversation please put it here and we will read again..anyway im out of city staying at the otel and i cant connect irc channel because of limited ports..im going to talk with him later..
    Last edited by kevinsert; 03-01-2009 at 06:23 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsert View Post
    i said alright i dont want any help from you bla bla..
    He's a Sysop and answered your question (Albeit it a little vaguely) and you said that? That's not rude?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast