Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why cover up your username

phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I do not see why people cover up there usernames when posting Ratios. With so many ratio pics floating around they could just copy one and say it is theres. I do not see the purpose.. It's like there trying to hide something to me....Last time I traded I turned down a bunch of people just cuz of hiding there names...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    manofstyle's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Some sites will ban you for trading invites here, I am sure ppl have other reasons also.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    invite trading usually gets you banned from most sites. you could be showing the ratio proof to someone who will pass that information on to the site.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Plus, I don't like getting incessant PM's on the tracker site with questions from the person I invited.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah its not a good idea to be flaunting your username around when most sites don't even like you trading there invites in the first place.I was wondering the same thing when i first started trading too but it clicked in after a bit .

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    so whats the point in getting invites if you cant trade in a place like here ..
    i am sure this is how most invites are given out..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PooBar View Post
    at most trackers, they want you to give the invites to someone you know. not just random people.

personally, I don't give out or trade invites. I just let them accumulate. I value my account at most places too much to just hand out an invite to an anonymous person who may or may not cheat, be someone working for a media company, etc...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PooBar View Post
    at most trackers, they want you to give the invites to someone you know. not just random people.

personally, I don't give out or trade invites. I just let them accumulate. I value my account at most places too much to just hand out an invite to an anonymous person who may or may not cheat, be someone working for a media company, etc...
    when MT & ScT started, they desperately needed users, so some clever people came here to give away hundreds of invites to us ordinary users who look out for invites. Invite trading can only be stopped by disabling invites - then it becomes account trading.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I am not able to understand how someone post a pic with the name crossed out can be considered ratio proof especially if it can be photoshoped to reflex something else.
    Best bet is to ask them what there user name on the site they are showing proof for and send a pm to that site they say they have ratio proof for and see if you get a correct response that is agreed upon before hand.

Maybe something like "the eagle has landed

And yes some sites ban for posting in invite threads but hey if you want to play the game be willing to take the pain.
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 11-24-2006 at 02:09 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    I am not able to understand how someone post a pic with the name crossed out can be considered ratio proof especially if it can be photoshoped to reflex something else.
    Best bet is to ask them what there user name on the site they are showing proof for and send a pm and see if you get a correct response that is agreed upon before hand.

Maybe something like "the eagle has landed

And yes some sites ban for posting in invite threads but hey if you want to play the game be willing to take the pain.

If they arent on the site they are looking for an invite for mind explaining to me how they can pm you on that site??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast