Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about seeding: local PC and seedbox at the same time

Member BT Rep: +1
    I'm new to private trackers communities in general and just began to grasp the concept of seedbox.

My question is: can you seed two different torrents, one from local PC, the other from seedbox, at the same time?

The reason i ask is that i want to use my pc to download/seed the torrent i really want, and use seedbox to download/seed the torrent i don't want but need for ratio improvement.

Have any of you done this at private trackers? Are there any private trackers explicitly forbid seeding this way?

Also can i login to a torrent website from different IPs at the same time?

Thanks
    Never say "great giveaway", you may get an infraction.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    You can seed from two different locations. Simply download the torrent to location A and open your client, then copy the torrent to location B and open the client there. Each client will have a separate peer ID, so there will be no clash.

As for logging into the torrent website, you are using a different interface (web browser as opposed to a torrent client), so you are not restricted to the same IP that you are seeding with, unless the tracker in question does not support the passkey system, in which case you would need to log in first from location A, to be able to seed from location A, and you would not be able to seed from location B.

In other words, if the site uses a passkey, then there is no real issue, but if not, then no (the passkey system will allow several multiple connections, but there is a limit to how many simultaneous connections for the same torrent and user the announce will accept).

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

In other words, if the site uses a passkey, then there is no real issue, but if not, then no (the passkey system will allow several multiple connections, but there is a limit to how many simultaneous connections for the same torrent and user the announce will accept).
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. So if passkey is in use, you can even seed the same torrent from two locations? I can't think of any reason to do that, but if that's ok then the case with two different torrents should present no problem at all.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Just inform them....

Some trackers do not care...
    Some will BAN you!
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, just go in their IRC channel and ask them what they say about multiple ips. Some don't care, some let you upload from 2 and only download from 1. Some let you upload and download from 3. So you never really know =S.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Just inform them....

Some trackers do not care...
    Some will BAN you!
    Thanks for the advice. I will be very careful and won't get you into trouble. It's nice of you to invite me the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by chillincool View Post
    Yeah, just go in their IRC channel and ask them what they say about multiple ips. Some don't care, some let you upload from 2 and only download from 1. Some let you upload and download from 3. So you never really know =S.
    Thank you. Indeed it seems each tracker has slightly different rules for this. None of the trackers prohibit multiple ips as far as i've read, at least the English ones.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    Some will BAN you!
    which ones ban you?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    good question im a n00b myself when it comes to seedboxes and was thinking of getting one but was wondering the same thing

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by daveed View Post
    Some will BAN you!
    which ones ban you?
    BitMe, they banned my friend for using a seedbox. They enabled the account after I talked to them but they asked him to inform them next time

Quote Originally Posted by huqiming View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I will be very careful and won't get you into trouble. It's nice of you to invite me the other day.
    Thank you for caring brother, you are nice and trusty
    Last edited by spark; 09-17-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    in some trackers you can use both but in some you will get ban.. so you should be very carefully..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast