View Poll Results: are u comfortable that mods at trackers are mods here?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

71 39.01%
  • No

88 48.35%
  • well,mmmm i am not really sure

23 12.64%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods, spying and security

ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    This is a really serious question to think about.

as there are ups and downs for trading invites/accounts and people who agree and disagree (or even both) to this act, there are people here in fst who spy to trackers mods who may be part of of this communinty known to the other users or hiding themselves among the traders. (till now i am not saying these mods use thier previlidge here to spy against traders)

however,

i am sure every mod here is a member of some trackers and a good portion of them are mods and sysops. (most of them known here)

as the non-mod traders dont have a lot of power to get much informaiton about who u might be, mods may have.

for example
    are can they see my IP addree
    if they do , will Brandon, for example, disable my FTN account once i trade an FTN invite based on the information he gets beased on his previlidge as a mod here?
    (i naively think they are not given such information)
    just trying to be sure

on the other hand, why will the owners of this site welcome trackers mods here and give them previlidge to detect the traders while allowing traders develop their business here (just a thought)

another question, why will u mods (i mean trackers mods) come here to see your trackers members trade invites here and u are standing still about it. (i guess this means u agree that trading is allowed)

A disclaimer:

i am not accusing any mod of spying here, i am jsut guessing they have the power to do so and i am asking whether they do and also asking about their feelings and attitudes as mods in a website that allows what they forbid in their own sites.

i hope people here believe in a proper democracy (i dont mean the bush style)

Left out

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I don't think you understand that Comm Reps and their stars does not make them a MOD here.

You may wish to edit your OP with that in mind.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I dont think theres any problem with Community Reps here, Though I'm pretty sure ftwr has some sort of deal or connection with one of the mods here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    since when did trying to stop account and invite trading and protecting the overall integrity of your tracker from bad users become spying?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    My attitude was always if you have nothing to hide and play by the rules , I could give a rats ass how many are lurking here . Mind you their only human and if they take offence to one of my invites or posts and ban me , I'll deal with it .

With out rules on their trackers I guess it causes a heap of problems , someone like me with a Warez background has problems with all the rules . That said they keep Trojans and miscreants to a minimum so its a catch 22 .

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    My attitude was always if you have nothing to hide and play by the rules , I could give a rats ass how many are lurking here . Mind you their only human and if they take offence to one of my invites or posts and ban me , I'll deal with it .

With out rules on their trackers I guess it causes a heap of problems , someone like me with a Warez background has problems with all the rules . That said they keep Trojans and miscreants to a minimum so its a catch 22 .
    Well put. Hell, we can close this thread now. That says it all.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post

Well put. Hell, we can close this thread now. That says it all.
    I think so too , hell I forgot to vote ! So Yes not a problem . Errr no I mean .

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    jounior's Avatar offline for exam BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    ok i think its good to have them here so we can discuss them if we have problems.
    but the thing every day we get new mode tracker that prevent torrent trading or even giveaway here and said the acc will disable so we need to pot thread with there site rules what to trade? is inv allowed? is acc allowed? or what ??
    we here in fst trading section we need rules so not acc disabled for nothing.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    0tis's Avatar Poster
    not a problem for me beecause I haven't traded anything and haven't broken any site rules. if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. I like having them around incase there's something I need help with.

I have nothing against traders, even if it is breaking the rules, it has nothing to do with me so I don't care either way.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    ummm, what was the question? And hasnt this thread been done before.

Invite/Account trading is a security issue. You are a member of there tracker, a service they offer for the most part free. Stop bitching about their rules. If you dont like it leave.
    Proud Member of:

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast