Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barack Hussein Obama - 44th US President

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Barack Obama, a 47-year-old first-term senator from Illinois, shattered more than 200 years of history Tuesday night by winning election as the first African-American president of the United States.

A crowd of nearly a quarter-million jammed Grant Park and the surrounding area in Chicago, where Obama addressed the nation for the first time as its president-elect at midnight ET. Hundreds of thousands more — Mayor Richard Daley said he would not be surprised if a million Chicagoans jammed the streets — watched on a large television screen outside the park.

“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer,” Obama declared.
    270 electoral were needed to win
    McCain - 173
    Obama - 364

ass whippin'

States of note that Obama won:

Virginia
    Indiana
    Florida
    Ohio
    North Carolina
    Pennsylvania

McCain basically won the entire midwest and "the south" (besides Florida).
    ---------------------------------------

I was lucky when I voted. I went in the morning and saw the line was long as hell so I went on to work. I went later around 3pm and walked straight up to the voting booth (after ID check). No line whatsoever.

Basically Obama galvanized people from all walks of life and people that don't normally vote.

I do hope that people hold Obama to some high standards and not give him a pass. Be skeptical and critical, folks. He's our President and not a celebrity.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-07-2008 at 02:42 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Thanks bawa. It's a good job you're here to keep us all informed...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Obama took both Colorado and New Mexico, two states which had been reliably Republican for decades.
    That is rather significant.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Thanks bawa. It's a good job you're here to keep us all informed...
    Your welcome, j2k4.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Obama took both Colorado and New Mexico, two states which had been reliably Republican for decades.
    That is rather significant.
    True. I didn't forget them.

I remembered Virginia (close to me), Florida, and Ohio mainly due to their electoral count.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    All hail B.O.

Sorry, I mean B.H.O.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Barack Obama, a 47-year-old first-term senator from Illinois, shattered more than 200 years of history Tuesday night by winning election as the first African-American president of the United States.

A crowd of nearly a quarter-million jammed Grant Park and the surrounding area in Chicago, where Obama addressed the nation for the first time as its president-elect at midnight ET. Hundreds of thousands more — Mayor Richard Daley said he would not be surprised if a million Chicagoans jammed the streets — watched on a large television screen outside the park.

“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer,” Obama declared.
    270 electoral were needed to win
    McCain - 173
    Obama - 364

ass whippin'

States of note that Obama won:

Virginia
    Indiana
    Florida
    Ohio
    North Carolina
    Pennsylvania

---------------------------------------

I was lucky when I voted. I went in the morning and saw the line was long as hell so I went on to work. I went later around 3pm and walked straight up to the voting booth (after ID check). No line whatsoever.

Basically Obama galvanized people from all walks of life and people that don't normally vote.

I do hope that people hold Obama to some high standards and not give him a pass. Be skeptical and critical, folks. He's our President and not a celebrity.

Don't you find it just a bit queer that you had to mention that Obama is not a celebrity?

Just a thought.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Welcome to the Abomination I mean Obamanation.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by bornwithnoname View Post
    Welcome to the Abomination I mean Obamanation.
    What's the Abomination? I can't wait for you to tell me because I am extremely curious as to your point of view.

Is Obama an Abomination?

I'll grant you the clever play on words..if it be clever at all.

I'm curious tho.....what or which part is the Abomination?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    fotografic's Avatar Poster
    Blimey..heres me thinking he's the most famous Irishman.....Barak O'Bama..see http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EADUQWKoVek

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast