Thread: My PC restart problem

Red pirate's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

Angry

I have 2 operating systems XP & windows7
    the problem is my pc restart randumly when using 7 with no error message or any thing
    just the screen turn off and the computer restart.. i tryed to use win Vista before but the same result this crash may be after 10 , 30 min or even dont restart at all
    but what make me crazy more ihave XP also but the computer never crash
    on playing browsing or watching vedio works on XP like rocket
    can any one help PLZ

AMD athlon 64X2 6000
    2G RAM
    Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
    X1650 pro 512M
    Last edited by Red pirate; 12-23-2008 at 11:03 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I can (almost) understand the problems with Win7...it is after all, a beta project.

The fact that you have the same problem with Vista is far more telling, and troubling.
    Despite widespread dislike of the OS, I have personally never installed Vista on a PC and had trouble. If you have appropriate hardware and a stable platform, Vista should work fine.
    Unlike Win7, Vista should leave logs of what happened when it crashed...have you checked them?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I can (almost) understand the problems with Win7...it is after all, a beta project.

The fact that you have the same problem with Vista is far more telling, and troubling.
    Despite widespread dislike of the OS, I have personally never installed Vista on a PC and had trouble. If you have appropriate hardware and a stable platform, Vista should work fine.
    Unlike Win7, Vista should leave logs of what happened when it crashed...have you checked them?
    to be honest no .. but I noticed that problem is more frequent
    with games ... I tried many times to download the last VGA driver
    but the same result but also may be in regular work like browsing and so .. even vista update i had downloaded its driver also the same ... but the question why XP is fine and that OS making that problem

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Win7 and Vista use the same drivers and I would suspect that a driver is the cause of your problem.
    Don't get your vid drivers from MS, go to the manufacturer's site and get them direct.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Win7 and Vista use the same drivers and I would suspect that a driver is the cause of your problem.
    Don't get your vid drivers from MS, go to the manufacturer's site and get them direct.
    yes I suppose that but the problem that win7 hadnt been add in diffrent companies drivers officially .. I will try and hope to fix
    Last edited by Red pirate; 12-24-2008 at 01:05 AM.