Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indie torrents cuts off my upload as soon as i finish torrents

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    this has happened to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my downloads so far. the only thing i could seed is a partially downloaded file. could this be because I'm using one of my friends accounts that he gave me recently? I guess i could invite myself to indietorrents if that's the problem, but if there's another way to fix this it would be great. I've tried on his computer to download and seed something and same thing happens.. I can't find a reset for my announce code if thats the problem. I really don't know why this is happening. It doesnt bother me too much as i don't care too much for that tracker, but I'd still like to fix it. its the only tracker that does this to me

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    perhaps it's just that your other downloads/seeds are taking upload priority over these torrents that finish.. you upload much more when u're downloading a torrent and u're part of the swarm than when u've finished the torrent; the leechers might be able to just leech from themselves so there's no need to request from you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    this has happened to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my downloads so far. the only thing i could seed is a partially downloaded file. could this be because I'm using one of my friends accounts that he gave me recently? I guess i could invite myself to indietorrents if that's the problem, but if there's another way to fix this it would be great. I've tried on his computer to download and seed something and same thing happens.. I can't find a reset for my announce code if thats the problem. I really don't know why this is happening. It doesnt bother me too much as i don't care too much for that tracker, but I'd still like to fix it. its the only tracker that does this to me
    Happen to me every time I dl from What. The only torrent I can seed are partial dl. There are a few other trackers that do the same to me. But like you my ul is bad, real bad.
    Last edited by TP635; 02-10-2008 at 03:04 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    no i mean they turn RED in utorrent, not just stop

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    no i mean they turn RED in utorrent, not just stop
    My torrents are mostly red anyway, even those active one. The only time they turn blue is after 1.00am at night until around 8-9 the next morning. I can barely keep my ratio above the danger level in What, and I am seeding 24/7. I am now seeding a bit more smart.

I hope to get a cheap vpn soon to unthrottle my line.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    as much as i love #it, it is really hard to seed there by simply seeding there alone; i recommend uploading some albums, or if you have some albums that have been ttl'd (check the log), upload those again, there are always at least 1 or 2 members that grab them

i don't know about your torrents turning red after downloading, mine usually just come to a dead stop and trickle an upload amount days after it's done depending on the number of seeders

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    as much as i love #it, it is really hard to seed there by simply seeding there alone; i recommend uploading some albums, or if you have some albums that have been ttl'd (check the log), upload those again, there are always at least 1 or 2 members that grab them

i don't know about your torrents turning red after downloading, mine usually just come to a dead stop and trickle an upload amount days after it's done depending on the number of seeders
    Good idea, I do upload to some tracker, and I pity those downloading my torrents: more than 24hrs for a 50mb files

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    uploading is such a hassle i find. i normally only upload music to what, waffles, and kraytracker. i guess indietorrents just isn't gonna be for me until it fixes itself.. i have 2 gb of buffer for those occasional rare indie releases.

for the past few hours ive gone on an uploading spree on waffles and what, which is very out of the ordinary as im pretty lazy in sharing my own files

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    sometimes uploading is necessary; it helps establish your taste within the indie music scene and it can even drive users to your uploads

you think uploading to #it is hard? uploading to #it takes me about 5 or 6 minutes, but uploading to e**** takes me about 41 - 45 minutes

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    no its not hard i do upload music to trackers where i participate in the community. i just dont know if its worth uploading at IT, as opposed to kraytracker. They both have the same RIAA radar rules but I'm way more active on kraytracker, and Kray has double the torrents. Then if it's rare I'll up it on what and waffles as well. but the 5 minutes add up after 15- 20 uploads.. It's mostly filling out the descriptions and the format sheet that takes awhile for me, because i will always link to album covers, write my own and/or copy a reputable review, and provide tracklisting. I'm pretty picky that if I upload a torrent I'll do it well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast