Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Intelligent design

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I personally believe a person that does not believe in intelligent design is a fool.

However, I don't believe it should be taught in school 'cause it lends nothing to science.
    What a strange thing to say. If someone doesn't believe in intelligent design, in other words a god, they're a fool, and in the next sentence it lends nothing to science. Didn't you mean to say that anyone who DOES believe in intelligent design is a fool?
    No.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I personally believe a person that does not believe in intelligent design is a fool.
    I don't think it's very intelligent really, this "Designer" chappie tho'.. It designed a whole universe, lovely jubbly, massive complicated place... however we can only live in less than 0.000000000000001% of it.

Good one. What's the rest for.. decoration?

I believe that the "Intelligent Designer" is a fool. And I'll tell it when I see it too!
    How do you know 0.000000000000001% is habitable?
    Ya don't.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

I don't think it's very intelligent really, this "Designer" chappie tho'.. It designed a whole universe, lovely jubbly, massive complicated place... however we can only live in less than 0.000000000000001% of it.

I believe that the "Intelligent Designer" is a fool. And I'll tell it when I see it too!
    Ya don't.
    You're right!
    That was a generous estimate...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

Ya don't.
    wow, you owned him then. if i was barbarella i'd never show my face again

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Ya don't.
    wow, you owned him then. if i was barbarella i'd never show my face again
    Neither would I...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Ya don't.
    You're right!
    It was a guess based on whateverthefuck.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

You're right!
    It was a guess based on whateverthefuck.
    are you trying to get that in the dictionary or something?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    To not believe in intelligent design is to believe that everything just is. The universe began from nothing on it's very own. I think that's foolish.

I believe a "creator" didn't have to be created for this creator was already or was created was created.....

Rocks..No. Creator...Yes.

This has nothing to do with religion.
    You're rejecting a theory, saying it's foolish, but then you're just commuting the same foolishness to the next level up, by stating that the Creator just came from nothing on it's very own. (At least I think that's what you're saying )

Do you not see what you're saying?
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 08-11-2005 at 02:25 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I have no wish to call religious folk fools. However, it seems to me that a well used point which pretty much counters the intelligent design theory is this:

If we were created by an intelligent creator, who were the ancient creators of this intelligent creator, and who created the creator of the creator that created the intelligent creator that created us.

You see, our intelligent creators have to be created themselves, if the theory is to be followed thro' logically.

You can't say 'We were created by an intelligent creator but it wasn't created - that entity just happened"

I mean to say, you can say it but to us foolish non-believers, it just sounds plain illogical.
    To not believe in intelligent design is to believe that everything just is. The universe began from nothing on it's very own. I think that's foolish.
    You'll be aware that there are many people who certainly aren't foolish who believe just that. This is why I use the word illogical to describe what you are.

The thing is, to just lazily muse; 'meh, god did it' simply won't do. There is a huge amount of evidence to suggest that explainable forces created the universe as we know it. The big bang (or a series of big bangs) is accepted by many religious folk who try to work their faith around this.

Btw, you said earlier that you believe in intelligent design - you do know that this involves a hell of a lot more than god setting off the big bang, right?
    I believe a "creator" didn't have to be created for this creator was already or was created was created.....

Now come on, that first sentence is just drivel, isn't it.

You don't believe a creator has to be created yet you go on to say that he could have been created ergo you think this illogical paradox of a creator being created could have happened.

Nice one.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30

You're rejecting a theory, saying it's foolish, but then you're just commuting the same foolishness to the next level up, by stating that the Creator just came from nothing on it's very own. (At least I think that's what you're saying )

Do you not see what you're saying?
    What theory have I rejected?

...and yes.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast