Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Intelligent design

whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I personally believe a person that does not believe in intelligent design is a fool.

However, I don't believe it should be taught in school 'cause it lends nothing to science.
    What a strange thing to say. If someone doesn't believe in intelligent design, in other words a god, they're a fool, and in the next sentence it lends nothing to science. Didn't you mean to say that anyone who DOES believe in intelligent design is a fool?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    I personally believe a person that does not believe in intelligent design is a fool.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme

However, I don't believe it should be taught in school 'cause it lends nothing to science.
    What a strange thing to say. If someone doesn't believe in intelligent design, in other words a god, they're a fool, and in the next sentence it lends nothing to science. Didn't you mean to say that anyone who DOES believe in intelligent design is a fool?
    i remember he agreed with me when i said, out of infinite time and space some rock is bound to be able to create and support life by conicidences.

that was after they coined christian fundamentalism as "intelligent design" and science

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

Says Busy who has trouble with the forum search function.

I have no wish to call religious folk fools. However, it seems to me that a well used point which pretty much counters the intelligent design theory is this:

If we were created by an intelligent creator, who were the ancient creators of this intelligent creator, and who created the creator of the creator that created the intelligent creator that created us.

You see, our intelligent creators have to be created themselves, if the theory is to be followed thro' logically.

You can't say 'We were created by an intelligent creator but it wasn't created - that entity just happened"

I mean to say, you can say it but to us foolish non-believers, it just sounds plain illogical.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I mean to say, you can say it but to us foolish non-believers, it just sounds plain illogical.
    Foolish even.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't think it's very intelligent really, this "Designer" chappie tho'.. It designed a whole universe, lovely jubbly, massive complicated place... however we can only live in less than 0.000000000000001% of it.

Good one. What's the rest for.. decoration?

I believe that the "Intelligent Designer" is a fool. And I'll tell it when I see it too!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    Foolish even.
    I don't think so.

One can conclude that there are things in the universe that we haven't began to comprehend. It can be reasonably argued that the creator of the creator of the creator ... ad infinitum paradox could be one of those things.

However, to reasonably argue this one has to have faith in a higher power. I don't have this faith so to me it seems illogical rather than foolish.

I wouldn't call someome who takes this position foolish. I would, however, say to them that to me making an already complex situation even more complicated by saying that we were designed by an intelligent, reasoned force which also had to come into being in some way, seems illogical.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    One can conclude that there are things in the universe that we haven't began to comprehend. It can be reasonably argued that the creator of the creator of the creator ... ad infinitum paradox could be one of those things.
    Or, according to the circular time paradox, he may not have been born yet.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Says Busy who has trouble with the forum search function.
    Once or twice when it was down, yes.
    I have no wish to call religious folk fools. However, it seems to me that a well used point which pretty much counters the intelligent design theory is this:

If we were created by an intelligent creator, who were the ancient creators of this intelligent creator, and who created the creator of the creator that created the intelligent creator that created us.

You see, our intelligent creators have to be created themselves, if the theory is to be followed thro' logically.

You can't say 'We were created by an intelligent creator but it wasn't created - that entity just happened"

To not believe in intelligent design is to believe that everything just is. The universe began from nothing on it's very own. I think that's foolish.

I believe a "creator" didn't have to be created for this creator was already or was created was created.....

Rocks..No. Creator...Yes.

This has nothing to do with religion.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-11-2005 at 01:48 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat
    This is outrageous. A slur on the name of the Great Floating Spaghetti Creature (may his bolognese be spicy).

I suspect this is the work of those who think all life begins in a ketchup bottle (though I suspect a great deal of life starts round it's rim).
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast