Thread: I'm looking for a PDA, pocket pc including russian to french translation software

leonidas's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

I'm going to ukraine next month to improve my russian ( unlike most americans who go there for other reasons).

Do you know any model? shall I buy a second hand one?

thanks in advance for your advice.

edit: could be translation software, but it's even better if it's a dictionary
    I've seen a model with sensitive screen, (you can actualy, tip the screen with a pen), but I don't know which model it was.
    Last edited by leonidas; 08-11-2005 at 09:09 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    U can tap the screen with almost all PDA's, am I wrong??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    There are several French-Russian Dictionaries for Palm OS.

Google

I'll see if I can get my brother to try some of them on his Palm ????? to check if any of them are any good.

I think Gam3guy is right about the touch sensitive screen, but you normally use a stylus rather than a pen.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I am in love with the Siemens SX66 (see it here). It's probably really not what you're looking for though, and it has quite the price tag on it and its also a phone --- but incase it is what you're interested in, its really nice, and I would definately recommend it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas
    I'm going to ukraine next month to improve my russian ( unlike most americans who go there for other reasons).
    why do most americans go to ukraine? to improve their ukrainian? (since the ukrainian language is different from russian)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    ukrainian is kind of a mix betwen polish and russian, only people in the carpates, in the north-western part, and iouchenko are speaking it, it's not that interesting to learn. No lots of americans go there to get a wife, not only americans, french, english spanish, ect... women are great there, lost of them are educated, have a good behavior, off course are beautifull, they don't bullshit, are not wasted like most women in our countries, I personally think it might happend that I marry a women from Russia or Ukraine, you migh fAll in love easilly in those countries.
    Last edited by leonidas; 08-18-2005 at 09:10 AM.