Thread: guide that boost up bitlord ---> b00st

nah's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Using the Windows XP Firewall with Bit Torrent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the Windows XP built-in firewall is an easy way to keep your computer safe while it is connected to the internet. But it also prevents you from unlocking the full potential of programs requiring the use of certain ports for user access (Bit Torrent, Furthur, any P2P file sharing program). Below is a method that has worked for me.

First of all, stop all downloading and uploading before you do these steps.

Step 1. Take note of your computer name.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties.

Click the Computer Name tab and copy what is listed as "Full computer name" without the period.

Step 2. Turn on the Windows XP Firewall

Activate the firewall by first right-clicking on My Network Places and selecting Properties. A window will come up listing your network connections.

Right-click on the connection that is your connection to the internet and select Properties.

Click the Advanced tab and check the box labeled, "Protect my computer..." You have now turned on your firewall. Now click on the Settings button at the bottom of the window.

Step 3. Forward necessary ports

You will now see a list of services that refer to common ports that could be opened. Click on the Add button to add the Bit Torrent ports.

A box will come up requiring you to fill in the necessary information. In "Description of service," you can put anything (I just put "bt"). In "Name or IP address," paste your computer name. In "External Port number" and "Internal Port number," put 6881. Make sure "TCP" is selected, then hit OK.

Repeat this step eight more times, only keep incrementing the two port numbers until you reach 6889 and your list should look similar to the one above.

...all the way to...

Keep hitting OK buttons until you are back to Network Connections. The Status of your internet connection should read "Enabled, Firewalled" as shown in the Network Connections box above.

That's it! Now your speeds will increase dramatically when using Bit Torrent.

i followed this steps and look what it tells ____> Attempting connect to: 212.27.240.100 port 6881
    Fail!
    Unable to connect. This likely means you need to adjust your port forwarding configuration, or there is no client running on that port

always u can chekk if ur ports are aweliable in this site http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Retired
    You copied this from a website? where are the pics?

in that 'guide' they use port 6881/6889. those ports are blocked on all decent trackers
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 08-12-2005 at 01:48 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i k E i suggest u post pictures of ur network and firewall and azuresus or bitlord and port section then newbs like me can follow it step by step ..
    I Am Against Account/Invite Trading,and invites it should be by the way it is meant to be - the free way.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired
    its Azureus not azuresus.
    I use Sygate firewall. I dont need to change anything in my firewall settings for bittorrent.

check this thread
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 08-12-2005 at 04:22 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i have wirless stuff and a junk like 10x5 this is router i dont know but i keep having nat error so please tell me i readed the threat but there is no wirless router
    I Am Against Account/Invite Trading,and invites it should be by the way it is meant to be - the free way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Retired
    there are guides for wireless routers on portforward.com

7. BitTorrent   -   #7

Arrow

im getting NAT error on azuresus checked the guide but no clue i got 2 computers one is connected to internet (computer A) and other is connected to interet trough computer A (computer B) and im using azuresus at computer B any idea .. i did all that shit but nothing please help.

ITS PISSING ME OFF CAUSE I HAVE DONE IT 2 HOURS AND NO SHIT HAPPENS DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE SHIITY by AZUREUSUS.

AND I CHANGED THE PORT 6881 to a random number lets choose 116881 and then it says: unable to test ... invalid port given.
    and if i put 16881 then it says NAT error.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by nah
    im getting NAT error on azuresus checked the guide but no clue i got 2 computers one is connected to internet (computer A) and other is connected to interet trough computer A (computer B) and im using azuresus at computer B any idea .. i did all that shit but nothing please help.

ITS PISSING ME OFF CAUSE I HAVE DONE IT 2 HOURS AND NO SHIT HAPPENS DOWNLOAD SPEEDS ARE SHIITY by AZUREUSUS.

AND I CHANGED THE PORT 6881 to a random number lets choose 116881 and then it says: unable to test ... invalid port given.
    and if i put 16881 then it says NAT error.
    my port is set in the 17250 range, also do you have a router and is the port forwarded ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    the network comes trough a system called "awaya wireless" and dunno if its router cause it has only one USB 2.0 cable that comes into PC