Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hard Rock Cafe in NYC

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    The new Hard Rock Cafe New York will officially open at its new location at 1501 Broadway upon the smashing of more than 100 Gibson guitars, branding the moment as the World's Largest Guitar Smash. The historic guitar smash and opening of the Times Square cafe will kick off a month-long celebration, which will include rockin' concerts and special events, as well as a grand opening party, featuring a live performance by VELVET REVOLVER. The grand opening celebration will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the U.S. by teaching children to become peacemakers in their schools and communities.
    ffs, is that really needed? smashing up 10 grands+ worth of guitars when they could have given them away to underprivilaged budding musicians?
    So many youngsters out there who have so much talent yet can only afford a cheap shitty guitar. And you got these muppets smashing up les pauls and sg's on concrete blocks.

Yeah a band smashing their gear up is one thing, but 100 guitars (gibsons no less) to open a cafe.?

The grand opening celebration will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the U.S. by teaching children to become peacemakers in their schools and communities.
    See, they could have given the guitars to these schools and communities.
    Makes you wanna cry

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 08-13-2005 at 10:34 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    :wringhands:

3. Lounge   -   #3

What's that mean?

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

That makes as much sense as slaughtering a thousand cows to celebrate the opening of the local PETA.
    Last edited by Guillaume; 08-13-2005 at 10:58 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Exactly.

Cept slightly less messy

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    ffs, is that really needed? smashing up 10 grands+ worth of guitars when they could have given them away to underprivilaged budding musicians?
    So many youngsters out there who have so much talent yet can only afford a cheap shitty guitar. And you got these muppets smashing up les pauls and sg's on concrete blocks.

Yeah a band smashing their gear up is one thing, but 100 guitars (gibsons no less) to open a cafe.?

The grand opening celebration will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the U.S. by teaching children to become peacemakers in their schools and communities.
    See, they could have given the guitars to these schools and communities.
    Makes you wanna cry

Jonno
    I never thought I'd say this about another but...

you are soooooo fucking liberal that it induces vomiting.

Cars shouldn't be smashed up in movies for it could provide a mother of 3 with transportation to and from work.

Last edited by Busyman; 08-13-2005 at 04:41 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Teaching peace by violently smashing guitars???

What is our world becoming?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Guitars like being smashed. It puts them out of their misery...the misery induced by
    hacks noodling away,thinking they have just written the definitive guitar solo.

Peace bd

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Cars shouldn't be smashed up in movies for it could provide a mother of 3 with transportation to and from work.

I knew someone would say that.
    My response is to say that tv/movies generally only use the shells of cars they smash, or recon'd ones.
    These guitars were Gibsons, cheapest one being £500 , most of which are upwards of £1000, quality instruments, one of the best.........why could'nt they use old fucked ones or cheap shit ones?

And besides........you're not a guitarist, I am/was and seeing that makes me cry (not litterally but you know what I mean) cos I hate seeing stuff like that broken up whether outside a cafe or on stage, Jimi Hendrix hated burning guitars ,he loved them, that was a stunt his manager forced him to do.
    Get my point?

It's a bit like a new pc shop smashing a shitload of xt800's and Athlon 64's on opening day. Think of it like that.

@BD .....thats a really stupid statement

Jonno

10. Lounge   -   #10
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I knew someone would say that.
    My response is to say that tv/movies generally only use the shells of cars they smash, or recon'd ones.
    These guitars were Gibsons, cheapest one being £500 , most of which are upwards of £1000, quality instruments, one of the best.........why could'nt they use old fucked ones or cheap shit ones?

And besides........you're not a guitarist, I am/was and seeing that makes me cry (not litterally but you know what I mean) cos I hate seeing stuff like that broken up whether outside a cafe or on stage, Jimi Hendrix hated burning guitars ,he loved them, that was a stunt his manager forced him to do.
    Get my point?

It's a bit like a new pc shop smashing a shitload of xt800's and Athlon 64's on opening day. Think of it like that.

@BD .....thats a really stupid statement

@Jonno...I am also a musician. (drummer) Maybe it's the nature
    of banging on something,that allows you to see the joy in the
    destruction of our instruments...especially when played by
    an noodling guitar player.

Peace bd

Jonno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast