Thread: Blueyonder Broadband Users (N00bs AND Experienced users =) )

Poster
    Hey fellow-Blueyonders!

OK, heres the deal. Bulldog broadband have started an 8mb service for on £30.00 per month [£18.00 for first 6 months, with 1st month free. http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi.../NP/index.asp]. So I think all us blueyonder broadbanders should e-mail blueyonder to try and get our service upgraded [which they have done twice before]. I mean, I pay £25 per month for 1mb, so I'd be more than willing to pay an extra £5 for 7 more mb.

I e-mailed them saying I was tempted by bulldog and asked politely if they would recommend upgrading our speeds. I also convinced some friends to do the same. If people on here would e-mail them and say virtually the same thing [hell, be creative ] we might get something out of it.

Let's give it a bash guys. Nothing to lose!,
    Ricey

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I took care of it: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08...est_broadband/

Telewest is following the lead of NTL by increasing broadband access speeds to 10 meg thanks to an email sent to them by the one known as Withcheese.

From next month, the cable company is to begin work upgrading its network on a region-by-region basis. The work is expected to be completed early next year.

Once completed, punters currently hooked up to Telewest's entry-level 512K service will see their speed increased to 2 meg. Those currently hooked up to 1 meg will see their speed accelerate to to 4 meg while the rest will get the full 10 meg.

Prices will remain the same, which means a 10 meg service should cost around £35 a month.

Said Eric Tveter, Telewest president and COO: "There have been a few ISPs making a fuss about 2Mb services recently, but that often represents the maximum speed they can offer at the moment.

"We're making 2Mb our minimum speed and we'll also be offering a choice of affordable 4Mb and 10Mb services for more demanding internet users.

"What's more, our customers will be able to make full use of this extra bandwidth because we won't be introducing caps and all the new speeds will be available across the network."

Which is different to the speed upgrade announced by NTL earlier this week. It plans to give all its punters 10 meg broadband but they are to be charged for how much they use. ®

Official press release.

You'll be getting 4mb pretty soon for what you pay currently. I'll be getting 10mb for £35.

No need to thank me.

Edit: btw here is a good(ish) forum for keeping up to date with rumours and stuff about Blueyonder's upgrades.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 08-15-2005 at 07:50 AM.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster
    Ok...Ill sound like a n00b but Im exceptionally happy so.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

:d:d:d

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    No need to think me good citizen. It's what I do.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    No need to think me good citizen. It's what I do.
    you sound like superman or something.