Thread: Excel quiz

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Question Mark

any one knows which formula adds a autofill filter in a cell, for example when going in a cell a drop down menu apears and gives some values.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    any one knows which formula adds a autofill filter in a cell, for example when going in a cell a drop down menu apears and gives some values.
    To do autofilter on a column, select the column, go to the data menu, then Filter, then tick AutoFilter.

To have a drop-down list for allowable values in a cell, go the the data menu, select validation, and select List, and choose a range of cells where the list values are held (usually hidden in the main spreadsheet somewhere)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks dude, that realy worked.
    i knew about that option but some how it didnt work, i couldnt select ranges by holding ctrl button but by highlighting it did work.
    one more thing how can i hidde the source cells(for the list) from the page so it wont be printed, like u said hidden.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    thanks dude, that realy worked.
    i knew about that option but some how it didnt work, i couldnt select ranges by holding ctrl button but by highlighting it did work.
    one more thing how can i hidde the source cells(for the list) from the page so it wont be printed, like u said hidden.
    No probs..

I just normally choose an unused column for those values, and then opt to hide that whole column.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    but how to hide them, in cell format there is an hide option but it says to look the sheet and then the function will work.
    edit:
    got it.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-17-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    How did you get it to work?

Also where's the quiz

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I'm not sure what he's on about. To hide a column, you don't need to protect the sheet. Just select the whole column, click on format, then column, then hide...

...and you are correct, not much of a quiz was it?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    barbarossa, i did the column hide thing but before i thought ur talking about the hide and lock option in cell format.

and btw i ment question
    Last edited by BawA; 08-19-2005 at 05:01 PM.

Benjamen button

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hey one more question
    how to convert an amount(number) to text.
    eg:
    one thousand two hundred thirty four

i tried a formula called BAHTTEXT, its supposed to do the job but the language is diffrent, help page says i must change the reginal option in Cp but i cant find a usefull thing there.

edit:
    got it again
    excel doesnt have this function on its on but with some add ons do it, also there is a script from MS which do this thing but its costumize for dollar only like it has cent and dollar word in it.

edit:
    Fixed the Currency problem also.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-21-2005 at 02:58 PM.

Benjamen button