Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Kazaa?

Which Kazaa software is the best right now? Do they have adwares?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I would choose LimeWire PRO 4.9.2

Kazzaa has alot of fake files
    Last edited by Alien5; 08-18-2005 at 09:53 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5

Yeh well, each to their own...

To answer the original question..

K-lite v2.7 RC1 By FTFakes is probably the most useful and up to date fasttrack client.

K-Lite, (unlike original kazaa) does not contain adware or spyware.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    /\/\etal Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5

K-lite v2.7 RC1 By FTFakes is probably the most useful and up to date fasttrack client.

I just tried installing that one....I follwed the 'detailed' instructions to the letter, but for some reason, it didn't work for me. Is it possible something might have been left out? Things happened during the process that I saw nothing about in the instructions.

I un-installed it, but will try again later.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    If you cant get it to install even with the directions, try the nsane install which installs everything needed in one shot. http://www.nsaneproductions.com/inde...request=325314
    blah blah blah... whatever...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    thx for the info here..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by reallyRandy

I just tried installing that one....I follwed the 'detailed' instructions to the letter, but for some reason, it didn't work for me. Is it possible something might have been left out? Things happened during the process that I saw nothing about in the instructions.

Oh I dunno, sorry, I never actually downloaded it myself.

In what way "didn't it work"? The installation failed? The program wouldn't start? You can't connect/Download, etc?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    /\/\etal Head
    Quote Originally Posted by reallyRandy

Oh I dunno, sorry, I never actually downloaded it myself.

In what way "didn't it work"? The installation failed? The program wouldn't start? You can't connect/Download, etc?
    I should have been clearer.....what I should have said is, things happened during the INSTALLATION process that weren't detailed in the 'long attention span' instructions. For one, a window opened up and asked me if I wanted to clear the hosts. I said yes because I didn't know what else I was supposed to do.

I haven't tried to re-install yet ....it's not something I have to get right now, and besides, I can never seem to find music files for the 'obscure' /\/\etal bands I like anyway ...(examples = Tad Morose; Kinrick; Feinstein; Ann Boleyn; Lillian Axe; Klick Axe; Lizzy Borden; Corrosion of Conformity; Riffmaster General; XYZ; Atomic Soul; Narnia; Fireball Ministry; Astral Doors; ....should I keep going? ....(not exactly into the 'popular' stuff; can you tell?), and if I do, some A-hole that has it sets their bandwidth to 1 so it's gonna take like a week to download (wtf is the deal with THAT, anyway....pisses me off).

I'll try the 'nsane' version again, that was what I originally had (v2.4.5.9), but even though it installed okay, I had probs with that one before, starting the program and connecting (error says - Cannot find ". Make sure the path or Internet address is correct)....and what I said in the previous paragraph applies with that version as well. So which one does one select there? The "nsane install", or the "Official Install"?

TY
    Last edited by reallyRandy; 08-23-2005 at 07:30 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by yossisal
    Which Kazaa software is the best right now? Do they have adwares?
    if you preffer the crappy road for p2p then use limewire pro as kazaa etc dont come anywhere enar as good as it.

use bit torrent. nuff said

10. File Sharing   -   #10

Unsure

I want to reinstall kazaa but i fear lots of viruses...so i don't know what is better......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast