Thread: Dmca - Notice - Cox Va/dc

PROOF THAT HTE MPAA HAS SOME LOOSERS LOGGING IP'S AND REPORTING THEM TO THE ISP'S COX TOLD ME THAT THEY DO NOT DO THE SCANNING AND ITS THIRD PARTY

Here is the screen that I came home to lastnight it was an automatic re-direct from COX.

Original torrent was from Mininova, but trakcer pointed to Demonoid. However I cant find it anywhere on Demonoid.

I think im goint ot switch back to IRC, like the good old days.

Anyone else get this??
    Any info would be great, I just blammed it on the wireless connection etc...

I wonder if its only VOB files, or specific torrents they go after ( New Releases) not TV Shows.. (Smallville)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    At this stage its torrents and large networks...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymint

PROOF THAT HTE MPAA HAS SOME LOOSERS LOGGING IP'S AND REPORTING THEM TO THE ISP'S COX TOLD ME THAT THEY DO NOT DO THE SCANNING AND ITS THIRD PARTY

Here is the screen that I came home to lastnight it was an automatic re-direct from COX.

Original torrent was from Mininova, but trakcer pointed to Demonoid. However I cant find it anywhere on Demonoid.

Anyone else get this??

I wonder if its only VOB files, or specific torrents they go after ( New Releases) not TV Shows.. (Smallville)
    I've received

1. A letter like this for sharing Minoirty Report

2. A letter like this for sharing Windows XP

3. A call from Comcast saying there was a complaint from 20th Century Fox about (I can't remember the name of the film).

All I did was stop sharing for a couple days and later just the offending title (and kept sharing others).

You'll be ok.

I have never received a complaint off Bittorrent and I power share with the max upload speeds late at night and whenever I'm not home.

I use Azureus and it fucks the computer up for doing shit else. I never have it running "in the background."
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymint

Anyone else get this??

I've received

3. A call from Comcast saying there was a complaint from 20th Century Fox about (I can't remember the name of the film).

All I did was stop sharing for a couple days and later just the offending title (and kept sharing others).

You'll be ok.

I have never received a complaint off Bittorrent and I power share with the max upload speeds late at night and whenever I'm not home.

I use Azureus and it fucks the computer up for doing shit else. I never have it running "in the background."
    Still never received one of these, 4 yrs and going strong I'm careful which sites I use for what files though, I use the smaller private trackers for newer films

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I use ABC to get all my torrents, and after I spoke with the guy at COX, this is what i gather.

MPAA must have companies/looser with nothing else better to do, searching the large networks... Mininova,Piratebay,Torrent Reactor etc...

They find out with torrents are realy copies that violate copyright laws.. (Which torrents they look for, I assume new releases, that no one could have any reason for having ontheir computer, because there is no way they could possibly own a legit copy, since it has not been put on sale yet to the public)
    Then, anyone downloading..(who would also be uploading) **the uplodaing is what gets you** Thats where you get screwed because there is no way you could be uploading these files without having them on your computer, so guilty!! They look at the IP's uploading the torrents...

They pass your IP onto the ISP and viola!! You get one of these retarded screens.

Bottom line, I have come to the conclusion, torrents really arent safe to download.. ESPECIALLY new releases.. best way is to just resort back to IRC where there is no uploading required.

Can we try and keep this thread going, I would love to hear some more peoples opinions on this topic.. Best practices for downloading torrents.. How to look out for trackers being monitored by MPAA, which are the best torrent sites, are priviate trakcers better or worse????

funkyMINT

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I've received

You'll be ok.

Still never received one of these, 4 yrs and going strong I'm careful which sites I use for what files though, I use the smaller private trackers for newer films
    I received those complaints awhile ago when I used KL more.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Here's my letter cox sent me, this is the email that cox received. I edited some things on this to protect my privacy.

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Motion Picture Entitled
    Dukes of Hazzard, The

Dear DMCA Agent:

We are writing this letter on behalf of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. ("W=
    arner Bros.").

We have received information that an individual has utilized the below-refe=
    renced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrigh=
    ted motion picture(s) through a "peer-to-peer" service, including such titl=
    e(s) as:

Dukes of Hazzard, The,Dukes of Hazzard, The - DVD

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted motion pictures cons=
    titutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United Sta=
    tes Code Section 106(3). This conduct may also violate the laws of other c=
    ountries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

Since you own this IP address, we request that you immediately do the follo=
    wing:

1) Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct describe=
    d above; and
    2) Take appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Poli=
    cy/Terms of Service Agreement.

On behalf of Warner Bros., owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted=
    material at issue in this notice, we hereby state, that we have a good fai=
    th belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not autho=
    rized by Warner Bros., its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the Stat=
    e of California and under the laws of the United States, that the informati=
    on in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on be=
    half of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in t=
    his notification.

Please direct any end user queries the following.=20

Marc Brandon
    Director, Anti-Piracy Internet Operations
    Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
    4000 Warner Blvd.
    Burbank, CA 91522
    818.954.6274 =E2=80=93 phone
    818.954.7898 =E2=80=93 fax
    [email protected] =E2=80=93 email

Kindly include the Case ID ********, also noted above, in the subject line =
    of all future correspondence regarding this matter.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this ma=
    tter. Your prompt response is requested.

Respectfully,

Mark Weaver,
    Director of Enforcement
    MediaSentry, Inc.

------------------------------
    Infringement Detail:
    Infringing Work: Dukes of Hazzard, The
    Filepath: Dukes.of.Hazzard.DVD-Encode.COMPLETE.torrent
    Filename: VTS_01_1.VOB
    First Found: 8 Aug 2005 **:**:** EDT (GMT -0400)
    Last Found: 8 Aug 2005 **:**:** EDT (GMT -0400)
    Filesize: 1,048,544k
    IP Address: **.*.**.***
    IP Port: *****
    Network: BTPeers
    Protocol: BitTorrent

Infringing Work: Dukes of Hazzard, The
    Filename: VTS_01_2.VOB
    Filesize: 420,076k

Infringing Work: Dukes of Hazzard, The - DVD
    Filename: VTS_01_1.VOB
    Filesize: 1,048,544k

Infringing Work: Dukes of Hazzard, The - DVD
    Filename: VTS_01_2.VOB
    Filesize: 420,076k

BTW this torrent was from TorrentSPY and i fucked up and didn't have safepeer running!
    Last edited by DrBeerMan; 08-19-2005 at 05:27 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Irc is good if you don't mind waiting in queues and then there's Newsgroups but you gotta pay something or do some other crap for it. Ah too lazy to bother...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I received a few of those months ago for dl Battlestar Galatica the new one. Allong w/ it was a letter from NBC. They told me to remove the files in question from the "Shared Folders". I just think it was because they were public trackers now that I ONLY dl from IT & PI now I have never got another one. Knock on wood. I too have cox in the Tidewater area of VA.

Phrenzy