Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: J2K4's Posts

Sure it's a security issue and not just corrupted data on that account due to the switch to VB (or any other non-security related reason)?
    Last edited by Emdee; 08-21-2005 at 12:57 AM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    Sure it's a security issue and not just corrupted data on that account due to the switch to VB (or any other non-security related reason)?
    It's happened to j2 three times, JP twice and hobbes once - that I know of.

I don't think it's a random thing.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Didn't know it'd happened to anyone else.

It just seems odd that whoever's doing it doesn't do anything more destructive.
    Last edited by Emdee; 08-21-2005 at 01:07 AM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Rossco's been drinking Chav juice again

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    j2k4's user id has been manually changed to stop the posts from disappearing as well as all passwords changed to keep out any unwanted people.

Posts are on the way to being put back... (takes me a while to upload them).

edit: btw, incase he didn't realise, can someone who talks to him outside of the forum let him know he can find his new password in his email.
    Last edited by tesco; 08-21-2005 at 03:14 AM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't think altering j2's userID will do anything, it's not like this problem is specific to him. JP has has his deleted twice - many are still missing.

I seem to remember that all the passwords for admin server access and the admin's own passwords were changed last time too.

This is inadequate. Clearly.
    Last edited by manker; 08-21-2005 at 11:51 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    notforlong's Avatar Quality Control Mgr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    edit: btw, incase he didn't realise, can someone who talks to him outside of the forum let him know he can find his new password in his email.
    There is no new password in my e-mail; I've gotten three of your notes about "requesting a new password", only one of which I sought (the last one) just to try it, but it was rejected due to duplicate info.

You may try me under the address attached to this account if you like, although I can't promise to remember to check it, as it's new...

BTW-it's j2 here, in case that's not clear.
    Last edited by notforlong; 08-21-2005 at 02:06 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by notforlong
    There is no new password in my e-mail; I've gotten three of your notes about "requesting a new password", only one of which I sought (the last one) just to try it, but it was rejected due to duplicate info.

You may try me under the address attached to this account if you like, although I can't promise to remember to check it, as it's new...

How can we be sure, the new password could be sent to anyone.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by notforlong

It`s not gone in your trash has it J2.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    My account seems to be functioning, at least for the time being.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast