Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to watch Football (EPL, CL, FA Cup, & more) matches for free!

PPLIVE

Getting the Video

Download PPLive: http://www5.pplive.com/PPLiveSetup.exe

Then on match days go to: http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm

It's like a program list, find the match you want and next to it look for a then 5 minutes before the match starts click the red chinese text next to the and the match name.

Streams with the next to them a are the best, but others still work fine. A red X means the link is dead.

PPLive will auto open and a chinese pop up will appear in your system tray, ignore that and within 2-3 minutes WMP will open and it will take another 2-3 minutes to buffer and it will start playing.

English Audio

Turn down the audio on your match (in WMP) then go to the bbc football website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm) and 90% of the time you will see :

Now click the linked bit that i highlighted in the picture (The BBC Five Live radio thing) and that will load english commentary.

Usually the BBC Five Live commentary is about 30 second or so ahead of your video (because the video has had to buffer) so what i usually do is wait for the BBC guy to say something that i can remember (Rooney takes a shot and it goes behind for a goal kick.

Then i push the stop button on the BBC radio thing. Go to my WMP with the video and wait untill i see Rooney take a shot and it go behind and then quickly push start again on my BBC radio thing, it'll take 2-3 seconds to buffer up a again and the sound and picture will be in time.

Do the following the change PPLive into English;

-Open PPLive.
    - Right click on the icon that appears on your task tray.
    - Click on the option highlighted on the image below.

Coolstreaming

Download Coolstreaming: ftp://202.108.25.8/coolstreaming0.45.exe

Then on match days go to: http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm

Like you do with PPLive find the match you want and look for the small . Next to that image it will have a channel name, usually ESPN. It's not a clickable link so you have to open up Coolstreaming, wait a few minutes and all the channels will appear.

Streams with the next to them a are the best, but others still work fine. A red X means the link is dead.

They more people (users) the better speed you'll get and the better quality and smoothness you'll get. This is because Coolstreaming is built arround Bittorent. Also to help get the best quality get a program like NetLimiter and make sure you cap the upload of Coolstreaming at half your full upload, otherwise you'll get smoothness issues sometimes.

The Bitrate is the quality of the picture, the higher it is the higher the quality and bigger the picture, the downside to this is that more data needs to be downloaded every second so you'll need a faster connection. 1MB down 256K upload should be enough for the largest bitrate size, but again it depends on how many users there are to upload the data to you.

Anyway, you know your match is going to be on ESPN at 4PM say, load up Coolstreaming 15 minutes before the match starts, this is so you can give it time to buffer and get playing the video and audio at a very smooth rate.

To load ESPN you just double click on the words ESPN within Coolstreaming. Give it 2-3 minutes and WMP will open and start buffering. You will need to latest WMP (Currently 10), it's free from Microsoft's website.

When you're finished close WMP and always remember to close the Coolstreaming icon in your system tray, because just closing WMP will not stop the stream and thus you'll still be uploading and downloading.

You can use the same method as you would use for PPLive to get English audio although i've found that quite a lot of Coolstreaming ESPN matches are already in English.

Links will be updated and posted HERE.

Last edited by Peerzy; 09-13-2005 at 08:38 PM.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Great stuff, Peerzy. Loads of people will find that useful.

TVs are becoming surplus
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Main reason i find it helpful is because you have to pay £50+ a month to watch football in the UK now with Sky. BBC only has a highlights program late at night. So unless you pay you can't see any matches (par a few rare CL matches)

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    This definitely works, watched the ManU(spit!) game earlier after Peerzy posted this on another thread.

Anyone think this thread should be pinned?(I do)

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Anyone think this thread should be pinned?(I do)
    Most definitely.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I can't wait to share this with my son's soccer team ,we get the games a couple of days late here. Excellent post Peerzy .

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I can't wait to share this with my son's soccer team ,we get the games a couple of days late here. Excellent post Peerzy .

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Everyone knows it's puntsphere

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    This should be pinned, I will request it in the EATB section.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showt...48#post1116348
    Last edited by JPaul; 08-20-2005 at 05:11 PM.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm watching my third Premiership match today

Birmingham Vs Man City. It's a shite game, but that's not the point.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast