Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Sportsworld Suggestion

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Would the team consider a pinned thread in sportsworld where peerzy could post his links to PPL live events. A sort of "Whats coming on interweb TV" type of thing.

Peerzy could post the links (and details) and then chaps just need to click on the link at the relevant time to see the event they want.

I for one think that this would add considerably to the forum, particularly for people who don't have sky or cable (or even a TV in some cases). It would be a very useful addition to the forum IMHO.

I would suggest that this was not open for chat and that only the links / descriptions be allowed (and a "thanks for that" of course). Anything not meeting one of those criteria to be removed.

You may even wish to put an advert on the front page along side the verifieds, nbzs etc. Something like "PPL links to live sporting events".

If peerzy was willing to do this I would suggest that he be considered for "Forum Contributor" status.

Any ameliorations to this suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Particularly if it's just talking pish.

For your consideration.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think it would be a great idea, long as its updated once in awhile . But as you say preezy is in line for Forum Contributor status. If he aint who is ? "Football" for free you got my vote .

Made me think not just soccer but it could grow in to other sports aswell like cfl,and nfl football , cricket and more .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-21-2005 at 10:52 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think a pinned thread where Peerzy could post events that members could watch using PPLive or Coolstreaming is a fantastic idea.

However, I cannot condone the idea of making Peerzy a Forum Contributor. Since he is actually a useful member who helps loads of people - it might give this ridiculous scheme some legitimacy.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

However, I cannot condone the idea of making Peerzy a Forum Contributor. Since he is actually a useful member who helps loads of people - it might give this ridiculous scheme some legitimacy.

Im fine with it, i was going to each week post a thread with the EPL match list and links for each match anyway, and after the matches were finished upload all the goals and such. Whatevers done its fine with me.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    But as you say preezy is in line for Forum Contributor status.
    he is not worthy of this merit
    not unless he starts posting whats hot and happenin in the surfing/waterdepartment world also

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Im fine with it, i was going to each week post a thread with the EPL match list and links for each match anyway, and after the matches were finished upload all the goals and such. Whatevers done its fine with me.
    I think it should be pinned and spam free. That way it is easier to read thro' and find programmes of interest. Which is the point of the exercise.

General chat on the subject of interweb TV can go in your other thread.

Edit - There you go guys, Peerzy is up for it for the EPL (by which I assume he means the English Premiership). Maybe other people can post similarly for sports they are interested in (Busyman can post links to gheyball).

It might be a crowd pleaser.
    Last edited by JPaul; 08-22-2005 at 09:34 PM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I think it would be the best to do this. We(family) didn't get the EPL package, and I love watching the games. If Peerzy is up for it, it would be the greatest to have a thread on it.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    I can do EPL (English Premier League) and the big games from the Spanish and Italian leagues.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Good Lad, thanks for that.

Seriously chaps, people might be interested in easy access to these links. It could be a good "googlable" search.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast