Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dentist Is Flipping Expensive

Poster
    I don't understand the Blue Cross Blue Shield deal. I know they offer dental, because I have been on their plan. Maybe just the group you are in doesn't offer it as an option? Or since you have your own shop, are you on an independent policy? If so, I bet that takes a chunk every month.

Hank, whatever you do, if you are still having problems after getting those wisdom teeth pulled, let the dentist know about it. And if you still have pain and he says you couldn't be.......pm me.....I have a horror story I can relay to you.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I don't understand the Blue Cross Blue Shield deal. I know they offer dental, because I have been on their plan. Maybe just the group you are in doesn't offer it as an option? Or since you have your own shop, are you on an independent policy? If so, I bet that takes a chunk every month.

Hank, whatever you do, if you are still having problems after getting those wisdom teeth pulled, let the dentist know about it. And if you still have pain and he says you couldn't be.......pm me.....I have a horror story I can relay to you.
    He's just bitchin' up is all.

I had the same problem but I still had some of my bottom left tooth left in and he had to get it out. It still hurt regardless of that particular tooth.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #33
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    B is absolutely right about brush techniques. I have a special toothbrush that the dentist gave (well not really) to brush underneath my gums.

@Rose - You are right about Blue Cross not offering it to individual policy holders. It’s expensive as hell because we have to carry special insurance because of the hazards of our work.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Ouch, Busy, you mean he didn't get all the wisdom tooth and had to go back in?

I would hate to see your total insurance payables a month, Hank........liability, property, unemployment and workcomp? You need to find a good dentist with a car that keeps breaking down. Do those exist?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Ya know next time I go in for a visit I’m thinking of raising the hood on his car and disconnecting a spark plug wire or something, nothing major.

Just kidding of course.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    As long as he doesn't drive a diesel, that will work. If he does, just unhook the little wire off the pump. (that way you will get to make a service call on top of the work)

7. Lounge   -   #37
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hey Hank be thankful its not the other end (the exit only ) .

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Ouch, Busy, you mean he didn't get all the wisdom tooth and had to go back in?
    Yes. It was discovered on follow-up (removing the stiches) and I told him of a particular and different pain on my lower left.

Having that problem made the pain last longer than the normal week.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I really should be going to dentist, not been for 6 years, altho no probs with teeth that I know of.
    I used to go every 6 months, then missed 2 apts so I got taken off the list, now the nearest dentist I can get on the list is 60 miles away

I guess I could go private but to pay something like £80 for a checkup is extracting the micheal

Maybe I'll make some phonecalls on monday.

Jonno

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Jon your local nhs trust should be able to put you in touch with an nhs desist

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast