Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dentist Is Flipping Expensive

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    The Dentist Is Flipping Expensive

Last Friday I went to the dentist to have my four wisdom teeth pulled and it cost me damn near two thousand bucks. Not to mention that it hurt like hell and I couldn’t eat solid food for 3 days. I bet that I was in and out of that place in and hour and a half.

Then once my mouth heals nice and I return from vacation I need to have braces put on a d I’m sure that’ll be another two grand.

I’m in the wrong damn profession

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Wow, you gotta get a better dental plan....

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I have Blue Cross Blue Shield, which is a major insurance carrier, and they told me that they don’t offer dental insurance. So I asked them whom they could refer me to and the guy told me that they don’t recommend anyone. Thanks a lot.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Even a low paying job in Canada should supply a dental plan. If they only offer you minium wage it should come with benefits . It means a lot to a family man or womam ,single people don't worry asmuch till they need it .

Example if you start at $12.00 to clean a warehouse and they add a good medical plan after probation that could work out to an extra $2.00 an hour if your a parent .

Edit : Should add medical plan includes prescription drugs,eyeware, basic dental and life insurance . WITH OUT that you might as well stay on the dole and let the government supply for your family.
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-25-2005 at 03:30 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    for that amount of money, did they at least give you general anesthesia and good drugs?
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. Lounge   -   #6
    ModestoMouse's Avatar All Bussines
    If you're getting minumimmm wage here in the states chances are you're getting no medical, not to mention dental. Theres only a few companies out there who treat unskilled workers fairly i.e. Starbucks, Trader Joes. If you're on the "dole" or welfare, you've got bigger problems to worry about, like how the hell do I stop stealing aluminum siding to support my meth habit!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by ModestoMouse
    If you're getting minumimmm wage here in the states chances are you're getting no medical, not to mention dental. Theres only a few companies out there who treat unskilled workers fairly i.e. Starbucks, Trader Joes. If you're on the "dole" or welfare, you've got bigger problems to worry about, like how the hell do I stop stealing aluminum siding to support my meth habit!
    Nice one

America - nutshellized.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I think I can apply for free dental care...should really look into before all my teeth fall out. I don't think I'd make as much money off the tooth fairy as I used to as a kid.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'm an NHS dental patient.. not that I really understand what it all means, except I have to pay £15 for each checkup..

Luckily, I haven't had to have any more work done yet.. (fingers crossed)

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    I think I can apply for free dental care...should really look into before all my teeth fall out. I don't think I'd make as much money off the tooth fairy as I used to as a kid.
    Well that’s the one thing that I’ve learned from this ordeal; don’t wait until there’s something wrong with your teeth to go to the dentist. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast