Thread: Get A Full Computer Diagnostic

PC PitStop

I just did it and got my internet config and tips on how to optimize it, got my processor clock speed and general speed and got video stats for my comp. It also gives you a comparisons to other computers tested nationwide (kinda like SAT scores, like 79 percentile or whatever) It's totally safe too. Enjoy!

P.S. pardon for bad spelling or bad grammar, I'm in a rush.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    it's OK except you have to install plugins to use with Netscape or Opera

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    seems cool, but I do not normally like installing things on my computer that come from the internet like plug ins without fully testing them for bugs and viruses. This is a good way to get a virus from some web site. But it does look like a good web site.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    yeah. it is a nice site. it notified me of the realplayer spyware that my spyware program didn't catch.

edit: thanks for reminding me about this site, its helping solve my slow computer problem

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Yes, PC PitStop is a great site. It advised me to change one line in my system.ini file, and now my system runs slightly faster. And you don't need to worry about viruses - I think if they were giving them out to everyone who visits their website, the government would have shut them down by now.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    i went 2 PC Pit Stop but it didnt help me out any, i did all the tests and all it said was 2 defrag &clean out my cookies
    and by the way i have winxp so i analyzed my harddrive and it told me i didnt have 2 defrag, i do it every week or so
    so i dont really trust this site
    tYiA

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I the defragger that comes with Windows XP is a waste. Try downloading diskeeper 7 by executive software it will really defrag your computer.