Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: top ten most worst shit albums of all time

pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Five For Fighting's first album sucked really bad.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

2. Music   -   #12
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    I would say the self titles blink `182 album, yah i would break up with the band too if i produced shit like that.

Also, problly every emo band ever made(pussys)
    Sparsley asked you a question? Do you even no any "emo" bands?
    There are many diverse groups, that could be considered "emo"

Sunny Day Real Estate
    Fugazi
    Weezer
    Jawbox
    Coheed And Cambria
    My Chemical Romance
    Sparta
    Husker Du
    Mission Of Burma
    Heroin

So, shut it...pussy.

Peace bd

3. Music   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    Fugazi
    Weezer
    Jawbox
    Coheed And Cambria
    My Chemical Romance
    Sparta
    Husker Du
    Mission Of Burma
    Heroin
    yeah but most of those bands are priddy shiddy. besides, like, husker du and mission of burma. and their emo-ness is... questionable.

not a very good argument in emo's favor.

as for the original question, it's difficult to put things in such extreme terms as "worst ever"... but then maybe i've been lucky to not spend a whole lot of time listening to music that i've thought was completely horrible. however! i bought joan of arc's first album shortly after it came out, on the recommendation of somebody whose tastes i generally trusted. they said it was a complex, challenging rock album, all that jazz. i guess that was closet emo fan code for "piece of crap." out of a few hundred LPs and just about as many CDs, it's the worst album i own and i wonder why i've never bothered to sell it. i never made the mistake of buying another record that tim kinsella had anything to do with.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 08-27-2005 at 01:33 PM.

4. Music   -   #14
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I can only name a few off the top of my head...they would be...

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish & The Hotdog Flavoured Water
    Hed PE - Only In Amerika
    Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights (I dont care what people say, it's an over-rated piece of shit)
    Metallica - St Anger, Re-Load & Load
    Puddle Of Mudd - (the 2nd album they made, i cant remember the title)
    P.O.D. - (the album they made after Alive)
    Simple Plan - (their first album)
    Usher - 8701 or whatever it was called

thats 10...there is most probally more i hate, the interpol album i wouldn't of hated if it wasn't hyped and rated so much, but it was a fkn dissapointment when i first heard it. Everything else more than deserved to be on there.

5. Music   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Why would I want to torture myself by listening to all the tracks on an album the first track of which I could not abide without tearing my hair out?

How about a thread titled, Albums That Defied Listening To At All, At All...
    Last edited by j2k4; 08-28-2005 at 05:19 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Music   -   #16
    maybe it's a generation gap thing? kids nowadays seem willing to spend more time trying to get a handle on seemingly difficult records that aren't necessarily sequenced in the conventional rock-album form. sure there are still plenty of albums that put the band's catchiest song at the beginning, and the slower subtler stuff evenly spaced throughout the middle, etc. but that isn't the absolute rule anymore.

imho the once "experimental" attitudes of the later beatles, beach boys, etc albums are becoming the norm, now. so... rather than expecting albums to be like a compilation of catchy singles padded with some filler material, young music fans nowadays think more in terms of the overall structure & consistency & such of each album. they're not so quick to write it off just because the first song stinks for instance, 'cause maybe it gets better toward the middle or the end, or maybe once they've heard the full album it'll all make perfect sense and suddenly that first song no longer stinks after they've got a more complete look at what the band's trying to achieve.

*shrugs* i guess i'm suggesting that the focus has shifted away, somewhat, from individual songs as discrete mini-works of art... and shifted toward the album as a larger more complex work.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 08-28-2005 at 07:19 PM.

7. Music   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    maybe it's a generation gap thing? kids nowadays seem willing to spend more time trying to get a handle on seemingly difficult records that aren't necessarily sequenced in the conventional rock-album form. sure there are still plenty of albums that put the band's catchiest song at the beginning, and the slower subtler stuff evenly spaced throughout the middle, etc. but that isn't the absolute rule anymore.

imho the once "experimental" attitudes of the later beatles, beach boys, etc albums are becoming the norm, now. so... rather than expecting albums to be like a compilation of catchy singles padded with some filler material, young music fans nowadays think more in terms of the overall structure & consistency & such of each album. they're not so quick to write it off just because the first song stinks for instance, 'cause maybe it gets better toward the middle or the end, or maybe once they've heard the full album it'll all make perfect sense and suddenly that first song no longer stinks after they've got a more complete look at what the band's trying to achieve.

*shrugs* i guess i'm suggesting that the focus has shifted away, somewhat, from individual songs as discrete mini-works of art... and shifted toward the album as a larger more complex work.
    As good an analysis as any...better than most, I expect.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Music   -   #18
    missie's Avatar yeeehaw
    Eleventeen - Daisy Chainsaw
    American Idiot - Greenday
    Free All Angels - Ash
    Gusto - Guttermouth
    Walker - Joe Strummer
    American Cheese - Nerf Herder

I used to be a flier, now I ramble.
    Hey you kids, never suck all the juice out of a tractor.

9. Music   -   #19
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I absolutely hated The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan. I listened to the album maybe twice cover to cover and the whole thing is just really weak. It just didn’t have the distinct White Stripes sound. It sounded more like a pop album that you would here on top 40.
    I actually bought that fkn cd

1st cd I paid for in years it seems, and it sucked

never again

it kinda soured me on the whole "let's go and spend money to support teh artists" idea
    Last edited by fkdup74; 08-30-2005 at 12:06 AM.

10. Music   -   #20
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    Fugazi
    Weezer
    Jawbox
    Coheed And Cambria
    My Chemical Romance
    Sparta
    Husker Du
    Mission Of Burma
    Heroin
    yeah but most of those bands are priddy shiddy. besides, like, husker du and mission of burma. and their emo-ness is... questionable.

not a very good argument in emo's favor.

as for the original question, it's difficult to put things in such extreme terms as "worst ever"... but then maybe i've been lucky to not spend a whole lot of time listening to music that i've thought was completely horrible. however! i bought joan of arc's first album shortly after it came out, on the recommendation of somebody whose tastes i generally trusted. they said it was a complex, challenging rock album, all that jazz. i guess that was closet emo fan code for "piece of crap." out of a few hundred LPs and just about as many CDs, it's the worst album i own and i wonder why i've never bothered to sell it. i never made the mistake of buying another record that tim kinsella had anything to do with.
    It's not an argument for "emo". I'm just tired of hearing everyone jump on
    the "I hate emo bandwagon". There are some great bands that are considered "emo".

To each their own.

Peace bd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast