went to install.
    Do you agree BlahBlahblah yes.
    Do you agree to toolbar No.
    Installation stops.
    If i remembered correctly the last time i got
    Icons /Visual styles you could choose not to install
    The tool Bars.

Is there anyway round it?

Anyone Know a good icon/Visual style site?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    ThemeXP is setup to "wrap" submitted .zip files authors' contribute. These wrapped files will be downloaded into your system as .exe files that will prompt you install third-party applications that deliver highly maliscious ad content. Some of these applications actually could be somewhat useful. However all of it is nothing more than an ad/spyware paradise.

Although ThemeXP itself, is not entirely heartless in considering the feeling of users, artists and their systems. They are owned by FileSubmitDotCom, who has bought them originally from TGT Soft a few years ago. FileSubmitDotCom requires that submissions be wrapped in return for the free hosting of artists creations. ThemeXP, though, being the nice guys they are, only wraps the first file you attempt to download. Each file downloaded thereafter, is done so as it's original .zip format. They do this by setting a cookie in your system after you download that first file.

So essentially, all you need do is to have cookies enabled for your web browser. Download any file you wish. It will do so in .exe format. This is a wrapped file. Just delete it. No one actually says you are required to run it. Now download that same file again. If your system is set correctly, the download will show as an unwrapped .zip file. Each file you download even after that should be in .zip format as well.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    just google for uxtheme.dll
    the neowin.net version (first google result) is quite good and works with both XP sp1 and sp2.

to get themes, you just put them in the folder %systemroot%\resources\themes\
    and they shoudl show up in the 'windows and buttons' drop-down of the 'appearance' tab (display properties)

then you can just go get styles & stuff from like, deviantart, themexp.org, getskinned, etc etc etc

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    ThemeXP is setup to "wrap" submitted .zip files authors' contribute. These wrapped files will be downloaded into your system as .exe files that will prompt you install third-party applications that deliver highly maliscious ad content. Some of these applications actually could be somewhat useful. However all of it is nothing more than an ad/spyware paradise.

Although ThemeXP itself, is not entirely heartless in considering the feeling of users, artists and their systems. They are owned by FileSubmitDotCom, who has bought them originally from TGT Soft a few years ago. FileSubmitDotCom requires that submissions be wrapped in return for the free hosting of artists creations. ThemeXP, though, being the nice guys they are, only wraps the first file you attempt to download. Each file downloaded thereafter, is done so as it's original .zip format. They do this by setting a cookie in your system after you download that first file.

So essentially, all you need do is to have cookies enabled for your web browser. Download any file you wish. It will do so in .exe format. This is a wrapped file. Just delete it. No one actually says you are required to run it. Now download that same file again. If your system is set correctly, the download will show as an unwrapped .zip file. Each file you download even after that should be in .zip format as well.

Nope

I downloaded a single file half a dozen times
    With no restrictions and cookies enabled
    With Mozilla first
    then IE

I think If you Install the toolbar that sets the cookies
    then you will be able to download the zip files
    So Foook that
    Thanks any way

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    this site has a vista pack - free easy
    http://en.crystalxp.net/bricopack.php

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden

Nope

I think If you Install the toolbar that sets the cookies
    then you will be able to download the zip files
    So Foook that
    Thanks any way
    I am sorry that it did not work, however, you are mistaken. And you, more than likely, have another obstacle or setting either within your browser(s) or a third-party application that has an impact upon cookies and how your system handles them. Users of the site are required to install nothing. As a matter of fact, this technique of browsing ThemeXP can be done using nothing more the default settings of IE6. The only files which are wrapped continueously are screensavers.

Yet, all the same, many of the best visual theme authors host their files upon other sites which have no file-wrapping poliices at all. And are quite strict about that.

You can check the links page/section of ThemeXP for a list of these sites.
    Last edited by Izagaia; 08-27-2005 at 02:39 AM.