Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Owen on drugs ?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Dunno, guess it's good news though, be good to see him playing football, but i think he'll have to be ill for every away Liverpool match
    They play on Boxing Day, should be fun.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    You think Newcastle might be able to score now
    I reckon so, hopefully Fulham get a drubbing Saturday week. If they can't score I might give up watching puntsphere and start watching some lesser sport like basketball.
    I saw some girls playing that once.

It looked a rubbish game. The fans of it are rubbish too, they seem to encourage cheating
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hey was reading in the morning paper Alan Shearer, was burning up the phone lines trying to convince Owen to come to Newcastle . Smart boy, he was always one of my favorites .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-31-2005 at 12:16 AM.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Hey was reading in the morning paper Alan Shearer, was burning up the phone lines trying to convince Owen to come to Newcastle . Smart boy, he was always one of my favorites .
    If he was smart, he would have just phoned.

Smoke signals are so passé
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I see he signed for 4 years at Newcastle .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...31/ixhome.html

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    4 years is alot. I think he'll be unhappy.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    He has a clause in his contact that says after 12 months, if any club offers £12M or more, Newcastle have to accept it. Ofcourse MO might not want to leave after 1 year and he might like it with Newcastle. Remember hardly any players see out there contracts. Most sign for 4 or 5 years and are either sold after 3 (after refusing to sign a new contract) or after 3 years sign an 'extension' which means instead of having only 2 years left, they have say 4.

If they refuse to sign a new contract and arn't sold at the end of the contract there free to leave to any club for free, so most clubs try to sell before that happens otherwise they lose out.

Thats one of the reasons MO went to R. Madrid in the first place. He had 1 year left with Liverpool and had refused to sign a new contract. If Liverpool had not sold him he would have gone ot R. Madrid after the year for free, and not the £8M he went for.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    newcastle are trying to ruin emres career... and now owens too

i mean which idiot manager plays a player who isnt ment to have played for 6 weeks straight into the first game after world cup friendlies?

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Since Owen's lacklustre press conference and the pitiful get-out clause in his contract came to light, it will be interesting to see how Newcastle fans take to him.

They are among the best and most loyal fans anywhere in the world but he's certainly no Shearer (I don't mean that in a playing sense) and I would expect him to get shite from some quarters of the support.

It's difficult for me to recall any major signing being so melancholy about his new club.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    His get-out clause seems a bit more complicated than just £12 million next year and he can go, it also depends on NUFC's league position and qualification for European competition.

It would be a fucking blow to lose Owen and Shearer at the end of the season. I'd be gutted, like a Liverpool fan who has just realised their goalscoring legend will be playing for toon this season.

I think, for Owen, joining NUFC is akin to taking home an ugly bird after a night out. You'd prefer to be shagging a cute blonde with pert breasts but any hole's a goal...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast