Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Michael Owen on drugs ?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Toon = town.

If they were called the Brown Ale's I would of understood . They sound like great fans tho ,did n't thousands turn out to greet the new player and his little girl ?

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Toon = town.
    They sound like great fans tho ,did n't thousands turn out to greet the new player and his little girl ?
    That was Souness and Owen, the new player is a particularly wee fella but only the acutely myopic would mistake him for a little girl.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I should have known this'd come up while I was away

TBH I offer my best wishes to Newcastle & Owen in what'll hopefully be a frightening combo. Seriously, I'm indifferent to Owen coming back to the Premiership.

What I had a problem with though was the thought of Owen coming back to Liverpool. This was a guy who basically went to the hot-shit at the time (Real Madrid) when Liverpool were pretty low and weren't winning much. A year later, Liverpool wins the Champions' League and he wants to come back. That smelt less of missing home and more of missing the silverware.

I also had a problem with some of the media begging for Owen to come back to Liverpool. Out of all the reporters, analysts, columnists, whatever - I only noticed one as being an LFC supporter. No one player defines a team - Same reason why I appreciate Gerrard's talents but don't bow down to Gerrardmania.

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    It's a nickname, kinda like Man Utd are sometimes called the red devils, and Arsenal are the gunners.
    No it's not
    T'was drunk

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    I should have known this'd come up while I was away

TBH I offer my best wishes to Newcastle & Owen in what'll hopefully be a frightening combo. Seriously, I'm indifferent to Owen coming back to the Premiership.

What I had a problem with though was the thought of Owen coming back to Liverpool. This was a guy who basically went to the hot-shit at the time (Real Madrid) when Liverpool were pretty low and weren't winning much. A year later, Liverpool wins the Champions' League and he wants to come back. That smelt less of missing home and more of missing the silverware.

I also had a problem with some of the media begging for Owen to come back to Liverpool. Out of all the reporters, analysts, columnists, whatever - I only noticed one as being an LFC supporter. No one player defines a team - Same reason why I appreciate Gerrard's talents but don't bow down to Gerrardmania.

Without Gerrard Liverpool are an avarage team, without Gerrard and Alonso your utter shyte. It doesn't help that your striker force is crap. Cisse is the best. Crouch is white Drogba. FM seems to have lost his finishing skill and seems to find the Premiership to fast paced.

Without Gerrard you would only have just scraped through the early CL quilifiers. To me Gerrard makes your team a good team, without him you would be a mid table team just getting in on a Euro cup slot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345