Thread: Updating A Ripped Software

I have successfully updated a ripped Norton System Wors 2003 that's the only ripped software that can be sucessfully updated.

I tried with photoshop, I downloaded the 0.1 patch from adobe.com, the darn thing says it couldn't find my ps in my computer.

Ok, then I tried with games, I tried to update civilization III, after updating the 1.14 patch the game couldn't even run.

This is pretty bad, coz the 1.14 patch claimed that it can fix a laaarrrge amount of bugs......

and now I have to keep playing the ganme with that laaaarge amount of bugzzzz...

this is not very good....

ok let me get to my point, what are the chances, and risks of updating a ripped(or even other pirated) software?

U certainly dont wanna update your McAfee Virus because u have to give out your home address and all kinds of personal stuff.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    no dont worry about it ur fine the chance of being caught are very slim it will update just fine if ur that worried put in a fake adress

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by adthomp@13 April 2003 - 15:40
    no dont worry about it ur fine the chance of being caught are very slim it will update just fine if ur that worried put in a fake adress
    oh, you mean for McAfee Virus? But you said there still a chance for being caught right...
    Maybe i shouldn't take that chance and should switch to norton thats what I did anyways

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    With Civilization III you'll have to crack it after you patch it..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Updates dont work 1.2 the tme so dont bother...