Thread: Nothing connects

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Whatsup I am new to newsgroup but not to this board whatup everybody but I'm trying to try this stuff out when i use a server it wont connect with any program I have used. (Agent,GrabIt) and I have a newsserver from my ISP news.det.sbcglobal.net I thought i might have been puttin in the wrong password so I tried the free server (yottanews.com) and it doesn't connect either what could be the problem.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    If you have GrabIt setup gor YottaNews then it should look like the attchment below. As for dsl news server Ive yet to find one that had usenet service worth using.Some dont have any binarie groups and those that do have very low retention if any. Also when using TottaNews keep in mind that their retention isnt all that great and when testing use recent articles...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RealitY; 08-14-2005 at 07:33 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah my yottanews looks just like the screenshot but I can't connect I just want to try it and it wont connect it says unable to connect.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gre1
    Whatsup I am new to newsgroup but not to this board whatup everybody but I'm trying to try this stuff out when i use a server it wont connect with any program I have used. (Agent,GrabIt) and I have a newsserver from my ISP news.det.sbcglobal.net I thought i might have been puttin in the wrong password so I tried the free server (yottanews.com) and it doesn't connect either what could be the problem.
    Are you receiving any error messages, if so...what are they?

Peace bd

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I know YottaNews really blows at times and dosent connect for some reason. I also just noticed in screenshot I have 8 plugs open and YottaNews only allows 1 so you should try and chamge that. Only other thing that comes to mind now is a reinstall of GrabIt perhaps...
    Last edited by RealitY; 08-26-2005 at 04:58 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I have reinstalled GrabIt a couple of times and tried the Agent client and by plugs I think u mean connections if so then mine is setup the exact same way. I guess I wasn't meant to use this

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I was just metioning you can only have one connection with YottaNews service...
    Last edited by RealitY; 08-17-2005 at 05:14 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Hell...try Xnews...never had any issues out of them, although it sounds like a larger problem on your side.
    ...>Intentionally Left Blank<...