Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Vatican plan to block gay priests

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Could be, Busy certainly seems to think so.

I wonder if that is a common perception, that gay people are more likely to also be pedophiles.

Is there any statistical evidence for this, or is it merely a thing that some people assume.
    How's that?

As far as what's seen in the headlines, it's priests with boys....not girls (I'm sure it exists though).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Are priests allowed to marry or have sex with women?
    Yes, Anglican Priests are, Catholic Priests are not.

The Vatican has nothing to do with Anglican Priests (and no one calls them priests either )

The Catholic Priests are supposedly celibate, if they break that vow then they should be defrocked... If they dont, how would anyone know if they were Gay?

I wasnt talking about the old "wanking by christ" you seem to have implied there..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced

The Vatican has nothing to do with Anglican Priests (and no one calls them priests either )

The Catholic Priests are supposedly celibate, if they break that vow then they should be defrocked... If they dont, how would anyone know if they were Gay?
    Then it's settled then...

Any Catholic priest found to be in a sexual relationship (gay or not) should be defrocked.

Sounds like a case of "it was already a rule to begin with".

The focus on gays is a target 'cause of the sex with boys doohicky.

The Vatican needed to clean that shit up a long time ago instead of covering it up.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

I believe that the Anglican Church refers to them as Priests. It certainly does so on it's website.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i got tought at school that the anglican church was invented just it didn't have to follow the vaticans rules.

i'm sure that's wrong though eh JP?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Then it's settled then...

Any Catholic priest found to be in a sexual relationship (gay or not) should be defrocked.

Sounds like a case of "it was already a rule to begin with".

The focus on gays is a target 'cause of the sex with boys doohicky.

The Vatican needed to clean that shit up a long time ago instead of covering it up.
    Catholic Priests do indeed take a vow of celibacy, as do various others within the Church, for example Nuns.

Whether they would be "de-frocked" if they were found to have broken that vow is another matter. We do have the concept of forgiveness.

I am quite sure that there are Catholic Priests who are sexually active. Just as I am sure that there are Anglican Priests who have affairs and that some of the clergy from other religions break their respective rules.

It is my understanding that Islam considers homosexuality to be a sin. Given that, I would assume that they would not knowingly employ sinners as their holy men. I believe the same is the case with Judaism.

The bottom line is that if a religion considers something to be wrong, then one would only expect it to preclude, as it's holy men, people who think that the thing is OK. Anyone who disagrees with them is perfectly free to find a religion or path which is more in line with their own beliefs.

With regard to the place of women within the Catholic Church. Once again I would venture that religions such as Islam and Judaism are not known for promoting woman's place within their organizations. In fact as I understand it some religions insist that women take a inferior role, both in matters religious and secular. The women are told how to act, how to dress, how to behave 24 hours a day.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i got tought at school that the anglican church was invented just it didn't have to follow the vaticans rules.

i'm sure that's wrong though eh JP?
    That's pretty much my understanding of it.

Tho' I have little or no knowledge of how the Anglican Church was formed.

So we could both be talking pish.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    We do have the concept of forgiveness.
    By 'we', l take it you mean the church? The problem there is, the church forgives these excuses for human beings, and then moves them on. This begs the question of who should be forgiving who. Are the victims forgiving the paedophiles? The victims get nothing, they are harassed, threatened and generally treated like they are in the wrong. The Catholic problem goes right to the top, this pope is guilty of cover ups too.

But if Catholics are no worse than all the other religions l guess that's OK then. l'll just go and Google sexual offenses committed by these religions and see what l can come up with.
    Sig Removed...too clever

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Please do, tho' I don't see what it has to do with your original point re the Catholic Church's position re ordaining gay men.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

I believe that the Anglican Church refers to them as Priests. It certainly does so on it's website.

Touche.. The Church refers to them as such. Everyone else distinquishes by calling Catholic Clergy "Priests" and the rest "Vicars"

Makes me laugh that many are in debt though, considering their stipend is about £18,500 pa in the UK.

This would be low for a professional; until you add in that they live rent free, get low cost loans @ 5% for any large purchase and can claim most of their utility bills back as "expenses", and the pension is non contributary..

That means the £18,500 is for food and clothing, holidays etc..

That measn they have a bloody good wage, erm; I mean standard of living...

I have a mortgage, maintainance and have to pay full bills on the same amount

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast