Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina...

Poster
    I have just heard where over 60 countries have offered assistance. No offer has been turned down. I want to thank all who care. Even Sri Lanka. And they have definitely had their own disaster to deal with.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    @ Hank,

yes your Oil Companies sell to the highest bidder just like everyone else's does. Thats why you pay $70 a barrel, just like everyone else.

US is also the 15th largest exporter of Gas.

@ Peerzy,

Stop it already.

I havent read the last few pages, but from what i read prior to that..

Just about everyone that had transport and wished to left prior to the Hurricane, leaving all those that didnt have transport ie: The Poorest, to fend for themselves.

5 days after the hurricane, there is finally a convoy delivering Food and Water.. call me cynical that its the same day as Bush decides to get off his fat arse and visit.

However, for 4 days 1000's of people have been without food and water, in the richest country on Earth. Im bloody sure I and most people on this board (especially those with kids) would also be looting to survive.

There's also huge, uncontrolled crime, so id also be getting me a bloody gun to protect my familly from a lot of other desperate people!!! And so would you be, in the same situation.

It shocked the hell out of me yesterday, when the Mayor of New Orleans was telling the world that 95% of the looters were trying to find food and water.. that the President of the USA announced there should be zero tolerance on looting.

In other words, shoot those that want to eat and drink, let them wait 'till I get there with the convoy. Way to go...

RF, I am concerned that you believe no water and food was brought in by all means unavailable until today. I don't understand this belief, whether it is lack of news that you are receiving or what.

Leadership at the local level is crucial. If anything, this will be a wake up call to Governors to do everthing they can to prepare for and secure their state in such disasters until the assistance they are responsible for requesting (after all...they are the ones on site who are a lot better to ascertain their citizens needs.) arrive.

I also reiterate this is the worst disaster on record in the United States.
    Last edited by Everose; 09-02-2005 at 09:38 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I found this, if anything it's raw and honest . Its a blog from people holed up in their office .

http://news.zdnet.com/Blog+offers+ra...&subj=technews

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I find myself wondering what this thread would be like if Americans didn't post here.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Ok guys this is the assessment of the week that transpired.

The Governor of the state had no worst case scenario plan for any situation like this. She only had 7,000 troops to respond to what went is going on in N.O. even though there was a week to prepare. The Mayor of N.O. who is on TV ranting an raving about getting help also had no worst case scenario plan and he did ask the Governor for help in advance even though he had a week to prepare.

So now we have the situation that’s unfolding there right now and everyone’s crying that the Federal government isn’t doing enough when it’s the Governor of the state and the Mayor of the city who are running things here. The Feds relief took so long to get there because the people who are in charge of the state don’t have a clue as to who to do so they blame Bush because it’s convenient. The President can only respond to what the local officials ask for and they didn’t ask for huge numbers of National Guardsmen, Military police, food, and water to be pre positioned and ready to go as soon as the weather calmed down. Now they’re all crying Bush Bush but they are the one’s who sat around for a week.

Now we have a giant mess in the city of N.O. and no one is in control. Nobody knows what the hell is going on and no one here seems to want to take chare of this situation. Someone has to step forward and take control of this so there can be one person in charge who calls the shots. Right now what we have is to many cooks in the kitchen and everyone is pulling in different directions instead of together. After 9/11 Rudy Guilani was the man in control and he called all the shots. We desperately need someone to take the reins of this so everything can start to coordinate.

Something better happen and fast.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I find myself wondering what this thread would be like if Americans didn't post here.
    About the same. Some would post about about how ironic that catastrophe is, other would post messages of support.
    And others would ask how to donate. I can't access the american red cross site BBH posted the other day. Any other NGO I could give to?
    Last edited by Guillaume; 09-03-2005 at 01:23 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I found this, if anything it's raw and honest . Its a blog from people holed up in their office .

http://news.zdnet.com/Blog+offers+ra...&subj=technews
    <

http://www.gnn.tv/headlines/4633/Des...in_New_Orleans

j2. i imagine if there were no americans in this thread we would all agree.

so now your government is probably responsible for breakdown of law and order and thousands dead, and more importantly they lost 20% of their oil production are they going to look into this global warming thing?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    anyone want some pics?

I zipped all my friends sent me from new orleans and gulfport its 9.33 MB so someone should post some in this thread of they feel so inclined
    http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...M226BU6CFIIM8M
    I don't have time to upload all these pics....

edit another link
    http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...R3GCIIPTN5BO8B
    Last edited by muchspl3; 09-03-2005 at 03:32 AM.
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Good point friend I think I'll skip this forum for awhile not what I thought sharing was about ,sadly its political differences and I do n't have time for that when it involves a nation hurting .

I liked everrose's reponce , you know who your friends are in times of trouble ......
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-03-2005 at 03:43 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl3
    anyone want some pics?

I zipped all my friends sent me from new orleans and gulfport its 9.33 MB so someone should post some in this thread of they feel so inclined
    http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...M226BU6CFIIM8M
    I don't have time to upload all these pics....

edit another link
    http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...R3GCIIPTN5BO8B
    I took a look at them, sometimes I can't believe its America. The greatest coun try of em all. It's so close.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast