Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina...

Yes, RIF indeed

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    why should anyone donate?

not saying this from a selfish anti american point of view. it's disgusting to see the government asking the civilians that they tax, to give them money to do the job the tax should pay for.

nice little civil war you got going down there power to the people!1!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I see the EU is helping with the oil crisis caused by the storm .

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...7.0&refer=home
    Thanks guys
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    @ Hank,

yes your Oil Companies sell to the highest bidder just like everyone else's does. Thats why you pay $70 a barrel, just like everyone else.

US is also the 15th largest exporter of Gas.

@ Peerzy,

Stop it already.

I havent read the last few pages, but from what i read prior to that..

Just about everyone that had transport and wished to left prior to the Hurricane, leaving all those that didnt have transport ie: The Poorest, to fend for themselves.

5 days after the hurricane, there is finally a convoy delivering Food and Water.. call me cynical that its the same day as Bush decides to get off his fat arse and visit.

However, for 4 days 1000's of people have been without food and water, in the richest country on Earth. Im bloody sure I and most people on this board (especially those with kids) would also be looting to survive.

There's also huge, uncontrolled crime, so id also be getting me a bloody gun to protect my familly from a lot of other desperate people!!! And so would you be, in the same situation.

It shocked the hell out of me yesterday, when the Mayor of New Orleans was telling the world that 95% of the looters were trying to find food and water.. that the President of the USA announced there should be zero tolerance on looting.

In other words, shoot those that want to eat and drink, let them wait 'till I get there with the convoy. Way to go...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    why should anyone donate?

not saying this from a selfish anti american point of view. it's disgusting to see the government asking the civilians that they tax, to give them money to do the job the tax should pay for.

nice little civil war you got going down there power to the people!1!
    Because those taxes pay for the infrastructure, not the business' that keep people alive.

Nor the little people that couldnt afford insurance (and those that the insurance companies rip off).

The donations to charity will help rebuild the community, not the bloody roads that the taxes will.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Hold up just one second Rat. You can’t eat tennis shoes, jewelry, Cadillac’s, electronics, firearms, and school buses all of which have been stolen. They are only going after the one, which are stealing to try to profit from this situation. The ones that armed and dangerous and terrorizing the people there are the people that the National Guard is going after. The people who are stealing food and water and not being targeted by the police.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    I agree, that 5% are scumbags and deserve everything you can throw at them.

However, they are all looters.

Zero Tollerance only has one meaning in this context.

The Police, the Mayor and the National Guard... NONE of these people have mentioned zero tollerance. Only one guy...

BTW: If there were buses to be stolen, why werent they used to evaquate before the Hurricane?

Actually, i saw pictures of a depot full of school buses under water.. why werent they all used?
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 09-02-2005 at 07:18 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    The buses that were stolen were actually high jacked while in route to take them to Houston. The people on the bus threatened the bus driver, he stopped the bus they commandeered the bus and god knows where they are now. This happened more than once so there are now some members of the guard have to accompany the buses.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    i stay in houston , i would took one too if i was stranded , foodless, waterless and aint have nothin, now houston is now offically new orleans home. they doing all types of stuff down here, car jacking , its krazy down here for real for real

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I agree, that 5% are scumbags and deserve everything you can throw at them.

However, they are all looters.

Zero Tollerance only has one meaning in this context.

The Police, the Mayor and the National Guard... NONE of these people have mentioned zero tollerance. Only one guy...

BTW: If there were buses to be stolen, why werent they used to evaquate before the Hurricane?

Actually, i saw pictures of a depot full of school buses under water.. why werent they all used?

people are literally dying because of not getting food water and medicine,not taking baths , dirty clothes. now u tell me u wouldnt try to do anything to survive, i understand where u comming from , some are just looting for the want but some are looting for the need, i heard first hand stories , the gov't draggin their azzes to help them folks down there and one reason why is because they are black o yes i said it its because they are black point blank

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast