yeah, good luck katrina!
    Dave, sometimes I wonder about you.
    Jamie, I hope for the best.

Peace bd

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer
    this hurricane is just as much a coincidence as that tsunami, which jacked up the price of the p4's a wee bit
    I knew Bill Gates was the one responsible for hurrican Katrina.

he did get knighted,

and i meant the processors, i tried to buy one after the tsunami and the fry's sales rep said "we're all sold out right now, the demand is so high because the tsunami disrupted the production"

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Thank you all for you well wishes.

Thankfully we were spared from the worst of Katrina’s wrath and made it out safe and sound. It was really windy but we really didn’t see much rain.

It also looks like our friends in New Orleans, who mind you didn’t get off easy, were also spared from a direct impact. There is major flooding and damage there but nothing on the scale that was predicted for them.

There were some people south of New Orleans that decided to ride the storm out at home and were trapped when the rising water forced them onto their roofs to escape. They were stuck on the roof during 100 mph winds and no one could rescue them until the winds subsided some. If I were in their shoes I probably would have had a heart attack while stuck up there. Some people will never take these things seriously.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Thank you all for you well wishes.

Thankfully we were spared from the worst of Katrina’s wrath and made it out safe and sound. It was really windy but we really didn’t see much rain.

It also looks like our friends in New Orleans, who mind you didn’t get off easy, were also spared from a direct impact. There is major flooding and damage there but nothing on the scale that was predicted for them.

There were some people south of New Orleans that decided to ride the storm out at home and were trapped when the rising water forced them onto their roofs to escape. They were stuck on the roof during 100 mph winds and no one could rescue them until the winds subsided some. If I were in their shoes I probably would have had a heart attack while stuck up there. Some people will never take these things seriously.
    Glad to hear it. The stories I have seen on the news, and read are heart breaking. 55 confirmed dead at the time of this post, and I'm sure it will be more tomorrow. I too wish people would learn to leave when they are told. I know sometimes the storm changes course, as it also did in this case ( New Orleans could look worse tonight ), but in the end, isn't it better leave for no reason, than stay an give your live for nothing ?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    The floodwaters in New Orleans are worse this morning than they were yesterday. They can’t figure out why the water is continuing to rise because they can’t inspect the levees yet.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    you're alive

hope your property didn't get too much broked

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It says on the BBC that 80% of New Orleans is flooded

But the French Quarter is OK apparently..?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    It says on the BBC that 80% of New Orleans is flooded

But the French Quarter is OK apparently..?
    80% of the city is flooded.

The French Quarter was fine but now the waters have started to rise there as well. They are trying to evacuate some of the people who stayed because some of the shelters are starting to become flooded. They can’t figure out why the waters are still rising because they can’t get in to start assessing the damage.

As of this morning there are still hundreds of people still stuck on rooftops or stuck in attics still awaiting rescue. They’ve been up there for 24 plus hours and to make things worse the temperature with the heat index today is 101 degrees.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Guys I don’t know if you can get a perspective of what’s going on here but it’s about as bad as it can get.

Anyone still in the city of New Orleans has to evacuate because there is no fresh water, no ice, and no electricity. The water that’s in the street is contaminated and is dangerous to be wading around in because it has sewage in it. Basically its uninhabitable and it may be like that for up to a month until the water can be pumped out, and at least two months to get electricity back to the entire city. The whole electricity infrastructure is destroyed and has to be built from scratch.

The entire city of Grand Isle is gone its under 20 plus feet of water. The city is even further south of New Orleans and it’s where the storm first came onto shore.

It’s absolutely heartbreaking to look at all this.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    the grand was on the street in biloxi
    `anyone from Argentina on this board?

I need your help and if you can help me pM me

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast