Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina...

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    why is it taking so long for the worlds greatest power to help it's own people?
    I'm sorry, how long has it been?

I was without power for 3 days due to a mere thunderstorm.

Although this flooding is much more important, it is also a more logistical and massive problem.

So long? Your right, the water should have drained and all survivors finely picked out and rescued yesterday.

Last edited by Busyman; 09-01-2005 at 10:53 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    yes your right - it would have wiped out the entire country of holland.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Ok I’ll take as many of these as I can.

First off 100% complained about ONLY 10 billions dollars bent sent. Well the truth of the matter is 10 billion dollars is only for the first 20 days. It is being appropriated to give us the shot in the arm that we need to get things up and running.

Then he said that we needed help the moment that we knew it was coming. The truth is that the governor of Louisiana and Mississippi declared both states disaster areas two days before the storm even hit. That way emergency funds would be ready as soon as the wind stopped blowing.

Right now the main concern is to get the people rescued. There are thousands of people that need to be picked up off of rooftops and out of attics. Once they are all taken care of then they’ll switch into cleanup mode. It’s going to take a month to get the water out of the city best case scenario. I don’t know why you would think you could wave a magic wand and all would be taken care of.

Now Peerzy. If you knew anything about history it might just help. I think that you honestly believe that Bush invented hurricanes. Fact is they’ve been hitting coastal areas for a long time. The worst storms to ever strike the U.S. (prior to Katrina) were all before 1993. The unnamed storm that hit Galveston Bay, Camille, and Andrew were category all category 5 hurricanes when they made landfall.

And if we are in Iraq for oil then why is there a shortage of oil right now in the country? Why is the President asks us to conserve oil? According to you we should be swimming in it.

This is way worse than 9/11. The day after the attacks the city functioned, not here. Nothing is up and functioning in New Orleans, Gulf Port, and Biloxi. These are cites that are crippled that have to been rebuilt from the ground up.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    peerzy, there are too many people dead and dying for political capital to be made from your being Listerene.

Stop the trolling, please.

That said, i have to respond to this:

And if we are in Iraq for oil then why is there a shortage of oil right now in the country? Why is the President asks us to conserve oil? According to you we should be swimming in it.
    Because its supply and demand... The way Iraq has been treated has ensured that there is less supply than demand, hense huge price hikes in the the price of a barrel.

The people to benefit from this, until Katrina, has been the Oil Companies not in the Middle East, which can sell at that high price without the terrorism that is causing the problem there ... which ones are those again? Who runs them? Family name of Bush comes to mind for interests in a few of them..

The reason there is a shortage of Oil in the country, is that the companies sell to the buyers... which can be from anywhere in the world. US companies dont keep their product in the US, they sell to the highest bidder like everyone else.

The US is a "Net" importer of Oil.

It imports more than it exports, that does not mean it doesnt export.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 09-01-2005 at 11:34 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Poster
    Hank, I am not sure people understand the magnitude of this disaster, or the fact that no country could be totally prepared for such a disaster, even though you have certainly tried.

Right now there is the largest relief effort ever in US history going on in our country.

Local First responders are on the scene. Keep in mind........a lot of people who were first responders found themself trapped when the levy broke and the water rose in New Orleans.

People in the superdome now are being transferred to the Astrodome in Houston, 350 miles away, via bus, where their needs will be attended to. Many others are being taken to Georgia, etc. Helicopters have been air dropping food, water and supplies. The military is heavily involved, as are the Red Cross, Salvation Army, FEMA, National Guard, Coast Guard, and everyone that is able bodied and available. Five semis full of food, supplies, clothing, medicine,, water, and lots of other things have already left my area.....with thousands of dollars being sent from people and corporations in this area. In my small area alone there has already been $700,000.00's alone donated to the relief effort. All states are sending work crews in to work on infrastructure, and thousands of people are headed that way to do all they can do. Schoolchildren are even collecting money from their piggy banks for the relief fund and efforts.

100%....thanks for asking and for your genuine concern about your fellow human beings, regardless of their nationality, or leaders.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Been hearing a lot of ironic things about this.

Over 45% of the army and guard who could be helping are off fighting some random oil war.

The pollution America makes through buring F fuels is the cause of the storms, and is why they are getting worse and more frequent.

In Jan 2001 a list was created of the 5 top things bad that would happen to America. Number 1 was a hurricane in New Orleans, Number 2 was a terrorist attack on Washington, and Number 3 was an earthquake in California.

After Sept 11 more than 50% of the funds that were being put into stopping Numbers 1 & 3 were taking and put into defending from terrorists attacks.

Americans have looted stores and the Wal-Mart gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America.

A police officer was shot in the head yesterday after he attempted to stop looters.

TBH it's your own fault. You elected a man who put all the money that should have been for defence into an attack on another country. You are the ones who are nicking guns and shooting each other just for bottles of coke and such. You are the ones who sent of your army to fight a way then need them back home.
    Why yes....yes I would kick your teeth in.

Last edited by Busyman; 09-02-2005 at 12:21 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Americans have looted stores and the Wal-Mart gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America.
    Very good Peerzy, Americans live in America. Now, can you tell us who lives in Brazil?

If Michael Moore had done a documentary on say, Eckard's, your statement would have read "Americans have looted stores and the Eckard's gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America." Recycled bullshit, is still bullshit kid.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 09-02-2005 at 12:27 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Very good Peerzy, Americans live in America. Now, can you tell us who lives in Brazil?

If Michael Moore had done a documentary on say, Eckard's, your statement would have read "Americans have looted stores and the Eckard's gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America." Recycled bullshit, is still bullshit kid.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

What a post Peerzy.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-02-2005 at 12:32 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    nm, board was being silly
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 09-02-2005 at 12:33 AM.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast