Thread: Windows Task Manager

ANyone know if or can i change the name from Dan_2 to Dan, its like ti with me folders aswell in documents and settings,
    So basically is it possiboe to change it or have i got to keep it as that??

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: bmp a.bmp (53.8 KB, 14 views)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Dan_2 is what you've logged in as. You'll have to create a new user called Dan, copy Dan_2's settings to it, and then log in as Dan in the future instead.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ive created another name and is fine , but how do i copy all me settings across to the over username like my windows theme, all music, all programs fully working etc?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dan.
    Ive created another name and is fine , but how do i copy all me settings across to the over username like my windows theme, all music, all programs fully working etc?
    right-click on "my computer", to get the System Properties window. Then click Advanced, then in the "User Profiles" group, click Settings.

You should be able to do a "Copy To" from your old profile to your new one, which will copy all the user-specific settings.

You may wish to do this while using another user-profile, e.g. "Dan_Temp", because I've seen cases where it screws up if you copy to an existing user that is the one that is logged in. Once you're done, you can then use the same screen to delete "Dan_Temp", (and Dan_2)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    When trying i get a profile error box up saying Failed to set security on Destination profile. Error- access is denied

Anyideas what to do?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ummm, sounds bad... the user you're logged in as needs "Administrator" access rights maybe...?

Other than that I dunno.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Yer has Admi nrights, anyone else have any ideas?