Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowers Gas Prices!!

matt526's Avatar Poster

Cool

Do you have a spark of rebellion in you? Would you like to start a modern day Boston Tea Party?

THEN JOIN the RESISTANCE!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of summer and it might go higher!!

Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.43 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place.... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

HOW?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the TWO BIGGEST COMPANIES (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE$1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of summer and it might go higher!!
    $3.00 per gallon?.........and you're complaining??

Try $1.73 per ltr!!! (at the current exchange rate, gbp to usd)

Jonno

3. Lounge   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    This has been floating on the net in my e-mails for years ,while a good idea people are too lazy . If Canadian sub Chevron & Shell . And with fall coming get ready for home heating increases.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Even if everybody complied, it won't matter much. Where do you think all those independent gas stations get their gas?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Even if everybody complied, it won't matter much. Where do you think all those independent gas stations get their gas?
    Exactly.

A good way to hit the gas companies though, buy ONLY gas there. Don't pick up cigarettes, drinks or snacks at the stores that are at most gas stations. They make a fortune from these purchases, and there are other places you can buy them without too much hassle.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Or just drive off without paying.......even tho there are camera's it seems to be a problem here. One guy who owns a filling station has now even made a policy that you pay before you fill (this was on the news).........not sure how thats gonna work really....you walk in, pay £20 and go a penny over (like lots of us often do) you then have to go back in ........people will get pissed off with that and go somewhere else I reckon.

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #7
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Or just drive off without paying.......even tho there are camera's it seems to be a problem here. One guy who owns a filling station has now even made a policy that you pay before you fill (this was on the news).........not sure how thats gonna work really....you walk in, pay £20 and go a penny over (like lots of us often do) you then have to go back in ........people will get pissed off with that and go somewhere else I reckon.

Jonno
    A lot of gas stations in the States are like that - you pay before you go to the pump, and the pump will only unlock once you have paid, and then will only pump the amount you paid for. I've not seen that here in Canada yet though. I don't see a problem with that, you either go in and pay before, or you go in and pay after - either way, it takes the same amount of time.
    Last edited by NikkiD; 08-29-2005 at 01:41 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Ah thats true, did'nt think about a limiter on the pump.
    Still, it's a matter of trust is'nt it, people are funny about that.
    We just had cctv put in at work and everyone is complainng that the boss does'nt trust hs customers.
    Rightly so, because people take advantage, but british people are just like that

Local shop for local people...........even when in a city

Jonno

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    if the gov raises gas & car prices to rediculous amounts maybe less people would use cars
    and use 50% of the profit to find enviromentally substainable substitutes solutions

10. Lounge   -   #10
    No, they have been trying that here, want people to use public transport. Trouble is they keep putting the price of that up too

Jonno

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast