Thread: Voice "pitch changing" software that actually works.

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm looking for some software the can modify the pitch of the input sound throug h the microphone and have the computer record it in the modifyied way. I tried AV Voice Changer, but that didn't work. You see, my nForce2 soundcard only allows either "microphone" or "stero mix" selected as an input, not both. Due to this, AV fails to transform my voice and then actually force it to be the input.

I can prerecord my voice in Adobe Audition and run some filters to encrypt the pitch beyong recognition, but I'd rather have the ability live. I used to be able to use AV Voice Changer on other computers, but I can't on this one.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    hehe, You can plug speakers into the mic port and get somewhat of a voice change...not much though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hmm, this is strange. It works fine on a Realtec Audio Device used on another comp here that isn't mine, but my newer Asus mother board's Nvidia soundcard doesn't allow Voice Changer Diamond 4 work properly. If I run the microphone on Stereo Mix or Mono Mix, there's a very loud echo effect. Example: bem beem beeeM BeeeeM BEeem BEEEeeeM BEEEEEEM!!! (even with headphones)
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 09-04-2005 at 06:11 PM.