Thread: I need to install my Office XP 2002 on new machine.

I have just bought a new machine with Windows XP on it.

I wish to install my legal copy of Office XP 2002 to it, (from an old machine) but need an activation code.

Is there any way to bypass this ?

I do not want to use any other software thanks just my Office XP.

Thanks

Regards

Digby

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Activation and Product Licensing Policies
    How many installations can be made with one product license? Has this changed with the introduction of Product Activation?

The underlying principles of Microsoft's software licenses have not changed. Microsoft's End User License Agreements (EULAs) have always stipulated the number of PCs that software can be installed on. Product Activation does not change that. Office XP or Office 2003 may be installed on one PC. The primary user of Office may also install one copy on a laptop computer for their exclusive use. To install Office XP or Office 2003 on more than these two devices, another license of the product must be acquired. Licenses for Office XP or Office 2003 acquired preinstalled on a new PC are single-PC licenses that cannot be transferred or installed a second time on another PC or laptop computer. Windows XP may be installed on one PC. There are no secondary use rights (e.g. no "laptop clause") in the Windows XP EULA. The aforementioned licensing terms have not been changed due to Product Activation. Some special licensing programs (such as the Microsoft Developer Network) provide additional licensing terms. Please check your specific license agreement or EULA for specifics. Re-installation and re-activation on the same PC can be done an unlimited number of times. Pricing and licensing details are available for Windows XP and Office 2003.

Source:

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation_faq.mspx

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I knew that !

That's why I posted my question !

Do you work for Microsoft !

Why do you use Kazaa ?

As I said - I need to bypass the Activation Procedure !

Regards

Digby
    What color is your Adkaf ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    If you knew this, then why are you persistant in asking in the first place?

The conclusion being that it cannot be done "legally". You cannot bypass the activation proceedure through any means that can be discussed within the forums. You must install utilizing a different CD key.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Funny just reinstalled Office XP , can't believe the hoops I had to go thru for the fuking updates . Asking me to put the cd back in blah blah .......... This is a legal cd by the way, from work .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Retired
    cracking discussions are not allowed.

closed.